Daily Teegraph 2 May 2015

Jonny

I was astonished to read an article regarding VE Day in the Daily Telegraph published Saturday 2 May.

It was on page 6 of the main paper and identified various celebrations planned to be held in the UK.

It mentioned IWM Duxford where, apparently, a 2 day event will be held involving 9 US aircraft types is planned for May 9. . Not a single British aeroplane was mentioned (not even the Spitfire!).

As a 'Friend of Duxford' I was rather surprise that this event hasn't been mentioned by Duxford. There IS, however, a two day event scheduled for 23 and 24 May, as is clearly laid out on the IWM Duxford website..

Quite how IWM Duxford could handle loads of folks turning up next week execting an airshow I'm not sure! I rather think the Daily Telegraph has its lines crossed!

ust thought I should mention it! If you'r expecting to go to Duxford for a show this month please check their website.

Cheers,

Jonny

Is this one of their 'closed events' for the Americans? They did something like this before.

I've no idea I'm afraid. There is NO event listed on the Duxford website for 9th or 10th May. Nor the 8th, the actual anniversary date. I'm sure Friends of Duxford would have been tolsd if there was a 'closed event'.

If it is inded one then I'd be surprised if the Telegraph would have been told.