Warpaints mag

Antoine

Hi everyone

Warpaints is a newborn (Well, not exactly, already six month old in fact) French forum, focusing on armour modelling but open to all.

The team behind the forum also created a new (and free!) web magasine.

Name is Warpaints Mag, and what's important to you Brits is that an english version is scheduled.

And you know what?

Warpaint Mag N°1 has been just released!

Here you go!

Feel free to give your opinion, here or over there (Warpaints forum welcomes foreigner).

One last thing, I'm no part of it in any way, just spreading the news as it seems a very good initiative to me.

• 1 month later...

Just found this Antoine, very impressive - I've still to read it thoroughly but the quality of the content is very high, and I particularly like the descriptions of the various painting and weathering techniques used. They have gathered a very talented group of contributors and I look forward to their future releases.

The main problem though is that the larger file doesn't seem to download properly, which I've tried on both a tablet and desktop pc (which I guess is why they've provided a much lower quality version?). This doesn't detract too much though as the pictures are still quite good, but hopefully it is something they can fix in future.

Thank you for sharing this.

Regards

J A

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just downloaded the mag Antoine, and at first glance it's nice! Really good modern layout, and cracking photography! :goodjob:

Can't wait to have a proper read through over the weekend, you never know it might make me want to try one of these things with tracks!

Hi Antoine

Many thanks for this, I've downloaded the full version and while I've only taken a quick glance so far I'm very impressed by the wide range of subjects and features included. There's a lot of reference material in there and I look forward to reading the various written articles - I think it is fair to say that the overall standard is at least as good as many printed magazines of a similar genre.

Regards

J A.

Bonjour Antoine!

Thank you, I missed this the first time that it was posted and have now had the chance to download the two issues. I've had a quick look through and whilst the majority of the modelling seems to be armour related, you cannot fault the equality of the modelling or the layout, it really is superb! More aircraft would be my only request, but then the original post was in the 'Armour Related Subjects' so I cannot really complain!

Thank you also to the Warpaints team that have given this to us, it is really appreciated.

The forum Warpaint is mostly Armour oriented, but accept happily any aircraft contribution.

There's an aircraft GB running precisely at the moment, and even GB with historical subject can be open to aircraft, or even ship.

This to say that in fact, aircraft presence on future issues will depend mainly on contributor goodwill, but I think that there will be a bit more anyway in #3.

• 4 months later...