Zvezda Tu-154 1/144

Flew back from our honeymoon to Grand Canaria in 1991 on this after waiting at the airport for about 5 hours for the fog to clear over the UK. Don't remember much of the flight as I went to sleep very quickly but the typically Russian aircraft smell inside was very noticeable.

Very nice Zvezda kit with my own decals.

DSCF8587.JPG

DSCF8588.JPG

DSCF8589.JPG

Steve

• Like 13

Beautifully done - and kudos on producing your own decals. Always liked the lines on this aircraft, and the Zvezda kit is such a pleasure to build, I just wish there had been a ton more major operators. ( I finally had to draw the line at six, but am thinking I need at least one in the stash )

Cheers,

Mike

Always liked the looks of the Tu-154. Closest thing out there that sounds and smokes like a 707. God help you if you lose the yaw damper though….

Splendid looking model!

david

Thanks for the kind comments.

I really miss seeing these flying, it was always something a bit special when one was around.

Beautifully done - and kudos on producing your own decals. Always liked the lines on this aircraft, and the Zvezda kit is such a pleasure to build, I just wish there had been a ton more major operators. ( I finally had to draw the line at six, but am thinking I need at least one in the stash )

Cheers,

Mike

I figured it was unlikely that anyone would do the decals so drew my own in CorelDraw. Took a few test prints on normal paper to get the shapes right before printing on decal paper. Those stripes were a pain to line up around the curves but the rest was straightforward enough.

I know what you mean about the lack of major operators but some of the wild colour schemes make up for it. Do you think six is enough.......

Always liked the looks of the Tu-154. Closest thing out there that sounds and smokes like a 707. God help you if you lose the yaw damper though….

Splendid looking model!

david

They certainly were noisy and smoky but always an impressive sight either on the ground or in flight.

Steve

Smashing work - a really great choice of aircraft and livery. My closest airport is Heathrow but I don't see many civilian Russian aircraft either in the skies or at the airport. I have always been amazed at how different the Russians design and build their civil aircraft compared to the norm of Airbus and Boeing who I see over my house every day.