Flew on this to Tenerife last year for our first holiday without the kids :yahoo: Minicraft kit with the engine pylons modified so they're not at a ridiculous angle! Not altered the nose which also has issues. Nazca decals for the Thomas Cook scheme.

DSCF8584.JPG

DSCF8585.JPG

DSCF8586.JPG

Steve

• Like 10

The "With something else" shots;

DSCF8600.JPG

Minicraft 737-300 with Two-Six Air Europe decals

DSCF8601.JPG

Revell A321 with Draw Decal Monarch decals.

Thanks for looking.

Steve

• Like 1

Good catch on the pylons. ( Mine are pointed heavenward, as if gasping for air ).

Some great airliners here.

Cheers,

Mike

They do look strange pointing upwards as Minicraft intended, don't know what they were thinking, or smoking! It's a pretty easy fix though, I just bent the pylons until they looked right. You might still be able to do it without any damage.

Steve

You deserve an award for completing that kit, I struggled for months with my copy, hoping to use my Arizona Cardinals team livery- to no avail- I've waited a decade for someone else to produce the 757 in 1/144...

Well done. a great looking model.

Thanks guys.

You deserve an award for completing that kit, I struggled for months with my copy, hoping to use my Arizona Cardinals team livery- to no avail- I've waited a decade for someone else to produce the 757 in 1/144...

Well done. a great looking model.

This is number 4 so it's probably professional help I need more than anything else :banghead::mental:

All I've done with mine is bend the pylons down and cut the tongues off the wings. The wings sit with one higher than the other if you don't cut the tongues off. I used some brass rod to make two spars through the fuselage to fix the wings onto at the right angles. I've never worked out how best to correct the nose so have left it alone. Why not have another go at it?

I don't think anyone else will produce a 757 to replace this one as the airliner model market doesn't seem to appeal enough to justify the tooling costs.

Steve

Hi - she looks great. I have one of these half built having spent ages correcting and replacing the nose with a Braz conversion - having seen yours without the modification, I wonder if it was worth all my own effort cutting, filling and sanding the replacement nose cone.

Its a shame the 757s are slowing coming to an end of their life - they are a nice looking plane. Thanks for sharing yours

Thanks again.

When I look at the nose I can see it's not right but the airliners I do are just the aircraft I've flown on and mostly not in my usual 1/72 so I don't tend to do as much to them as I normally would. I'll change engines and add winglets etc. but these builds are more for fun than anything else. For the rest of the aircraft I've flown on I'll be back into 1/72 for five Cherokees (fairly easy Airfix conversions) and two hot-air balloons (very difficult scratchbuilds!).

I agree with you about the 757, they are lovely looking and it only seems a few years since I saw the first one at the Farnborough airshow in 1982........

Steve