Yet another Thunderbirds Entry! (Completed!)

Well thank fully it wasn't too difficult to get rid of it and repaint the surface in preparation for the correct mask

DSC_3211.JPG

I've also added some extra panel shadings and fixed some paint faults in the meantime. Fingers crossed the corrected masks arrive tomorrow!

• Like 2

So here we go, ready for attempt #3 at the "Thunderbird 2" label...

DSC_3212.JPG

Spelling has been checked and its okay this time

DSC_3213.JPG

Now it just needs paint...

• Like 1

Klear got put on last night and has turned out rather well...

DSC_3217.JPG

DSC_3218.JPG

This evening I've been putting some stencil decals on and just finished masking the windows in preparation for the matt varnish... and then disaster struck AGAIN!! I decided that the engines should also be masked to retain their gloss/satin finish so put some masking tape over them. I then noticed it wasn't quite straight so tried to peel it off and half of the black stripe decal came off with it!!!!

But but but... there was supposed to be a barrier layer of Klear on to protect against this very thing!!!! Thankfully I was able to get the existing decals off the model without a problem - they hadn't adhered very well in the first place it seems! I've since then been able to get the unused decal sheet from before and apply two brand new black stripes into the engines to replace the ones that I ruined! Phew that was a close one! once they are dry I'll consider doing the matt varnish.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Andrew

Please make sure you bring this along to your clubs show on Sept 19th - I NEED to see this - I rooted out you shows brochure yesterday to remind me how I can get a proper look at this stunning build

Cheers - John

• 4 weeks later...