Trumpeter's 1:32 evil little Critter - Mig-15 UPDATED

Well this started of as a quick easy project with no extras that I thought I'd use to try my metal painting technique out on before I did my B.A.C Lightening, well I got that a little wrong! Quick and easy...............not likely! But it was enjoyable as it certainly put the brain, fingers and other skills to the test. Fit is poor and a challenge at almost very stage, but lets be fair to it, its getting on a bit and you can pick it up for £15 or less. The cockpit was very sparse so I add some cabling and extra switches to make it look a bit more interesting and realistic, added oil washes and chipping inside and outside of the plane. All painted with Humbrol metal coats which I must say I was really pleased with, I haven't tried other brands but these went on really well after a base coat of matt black. I used matt black as I wasn't after a nice and shiny aircraft but a rather beaten up and weather one. Here we go, all comments welcome on the Critter!

IMG_0375_zpsqptdd7ef.jpg

IMG_0465_zpsgkle4dtw.jpg

IMG_0379_zpsnis7e8dr.jpg

IMG_0382_zpsgt6eckup.jpg

IMG_0382_zpsgt6eckup.jpg

IMG_0390_zpsj2gqnhbv.jpg

IMG_0391_zpsnaatiaen.jpg

IMG_0394_zpsbb25fgsj.jpg

IMG_0395_zpsgwl3y2wg.jpg

IMG_0398_zpse86wou67.jpg

Edited by David Mooney
  • Like 14

very nice!

may I ask the scale?

1/48 or even 1/32?

I especially like the greasy panel lines :) and the scratched walk ways! maybe the left one would be used more because of the ladder...

very nice!

may I ask the scale?

1/48 or even 1/32?

I especially like the greasy panel lines :) and the scratched walk ways! maybe the left one would be used more because of the ladder...

Oh yes, I missed that and now edited the Tags! Its 1:32

David

The finish looks good when I think of the Mig 15 in the East Fortune museum. The metal finish on it is very like you portrayed and the machine is quite, well, agricultural in some respects. Very T34 if you follow and sturdy.

Nice build

John

That`s an impressive finish!

All painted with Humbrol metal coats which I must say I was really pleased with

Was that by airbrush or using their Metalcote spray?

Thanks for all the comments everyone

That`s an impressive finish!

Was that by airbrush or using their Metalcote spray?

I used the little tinlets from humbrol sprayed via an airbrush as I am not a great lover of any spray cans. Alot love them for the ease of use but I just haven't ever been able to control them and end up with some places with no paint and areas flooded. Its all personal choice how and what to use, its like the base coat I cheated a little by buying a can of Halfords automotive Matt Black but I de-canned it into my spray gun jar. This way I had good paint and good control of the paint I was applying and where I was applying it to.

Great looking Mig 15.

I understand your journey with this kit, as on a similar journey with Hobbyboss's Mig 17, which was supposed to be a quick build.

Karl

Well I finally got time and the weather (I am in Scotland after all) to get the critter outside for a few pictures on a little base I made, so I just wanted to share the results

IMG_0503_zpsznokmwhp.jpg

IMG_0511_zpsjbsqxnvr.jpg

IMG_0513_zpsskg1cj2w.jpg

IMG_0519_zpspb1ozvgd.jpg

IMG_0522_zpsppw14wzp.jpg

IMG_0524_zpswxwasfvc.jpg

and just to show my 'stand'..............yep, a hedge

IMG_0527_zpshkrcjlbs.jpg

• Like 1