Zvezda bf109 f4

fingers

Hi all, I am just building the Zvezda bf109 f4, after applying a coat of primer on close inspection I have noticed a small 'socket' on the right hand side, as you fly it, halfway between the cockpit front and the machine gun openings. This socket looks as if it needs a part but I can find no reference to said part and fitment in the instructions, although I have found a part that looks as if it would fit (A59) does anyone know if this is correct?

A picture would be helpful I guess but is this socket a round hole with a small fairing behind it about mid way up the right hand side in the area you describe? If so I suspect you are describing what would be the hole for the engine starter handle.

Try googling images of 109's to see if you can find it on the real thing, sorry I can't post a photo to show you but I'm away from home at the moment.

Duncan B

• Like 1

Thanks gents, the hole is there which would be for the starting handle the part which I am concerned with fits behind the hole and is not mentioned in the instructions. The picture in that thread shows a blank panel where zvezda have a shallow socket in to which part A59 would, apparently, fit (I haven't tried it).

Dave

It looks to be an optional part, but the instructions forgot to mention this? It does indeed look to be a small air scoop fitted just behind the starter hole. I was finally able to find a period photo example - search results showed more without, even the G series at PrimePortal don't have it.

http://aaminis.myfastforum.org/archive/ea-antonio-noriega-s-bf-109f-2-or-4-orel-1942__o_t__t_32421.html

7a23357c7e.jpg

sigh .... sorry, the image link won't work, and now even the web site the image is located at won't show it!

Let's try this one:Me109F7NegroCaboMecanicoZaro1.jpg

regards,

Jack

Edited by JackG
  • Like 2

It looks to be an optional part, but the instructions forgot to mention this? It does indeed look to be a small air scoop fitted just behind the starter hole. I was finally able to find a period photo example - search results showed more without, even the G series at PrimePortal don't have it.

http://aaminis.myfastforum.org/archive/ea-antonio-noriega-s-bf-109f-2-or-4-orel-1942__o_t__t_32421.html

7a23357c7e.jpg

sigh .... sorry, the image link won't work, and now even the web site the image is located at won't show it!

Let's try this one:Me109F7NegroCaboMecanicoZaro1.jpg

regards,

Jack

the instructions definitely forgot to mention this bit, but as the image you've supplied fits in nicely that's what I'm going to do (ie fit a59).

The images I gleaned from a google gave several variations from a flat panel, to a small scoop or a large lump.

Thanks Jack, Jason and Duncan now I at least know what I'm doing (unusually).

All the best Dave.

• Like 1