Revell 1/144 747 SCA and Space Shuttle

Hello everyone,

Haven't posted anything in a while, due to 'technical difficulties' , but here's my latest completion, it's a but rough in a few places and the Shuttle was being a pain because it wouldn't stick to the 747, but I got there eventually.

DSC_0982_zpstazjudnp.jpg

IMG_20150415_164415_zpsdrysqyew.jpg

9c8d8d61-315b-4ed7-959e-87e52d5eea9e_zps

DSC_0983_zpsj2j4xdyl.jpg

IMG_20150415_164344_zpsay3ef4jv.jpg

Thanks for looking, Ryan

• Like 19

I built this model last year, and had all sort of grief with it - flash on virtually every part, poor fitting on both the shuttle and the 747 :rant: .

Fair play to you for getting it to look good! My 6 year old was happy to have mine on his toy shelf, but it won't be making any appearances on here!

One minor niggle which is the kit's fault: The shuttle's nose support strut is the long first variety used for Enterprise's glide tests. Once those were finished the strut was shortened to bring the shuttle's nose down more nearly parallel to the 747 fuselage to reduce drag. Here's a good side view.

• Like 1

Thanks everyone for the comments, doozer there was a lot of flesh on this especially around the engine nacelles where I couldn't tell the difference between flesh and the actual kit!

Thanks Jessica for the info, I might cut it down the front strut a little bit in the future but at this moment I'm going to leave it, because I ain't doing battle with it again!!

Thanks, Ryan

• Like 1

I just had to add this pic I took - the shuttles' last flight over L.A., being delivered for permanent exhibit at the California Science Center. Was standing in my front door when this flew by, on its' way to "buzz" Pasadena, home of Cal Tech and the Jet Propulsion Lab, both of which were instrumental in its' development.

It did another pass over my home shortly afterwards ( I am very close to Pasadena ) so low, that I could just see the belly of the 747, not even the Shuttle. The windows in the house shook. The L.A. air space was closed to all other air traffic at the time, so it could fly is 'lazy loops' all over town. Have never had an aircraft flying so low over my place, but I was busy downloading this photo when the second fly over happened, and I just couldn't get the camera unhooked in time. Grrr

Anyway, only photo I have of anything that is likely to be modeled here, so hope you don't mind.

Cheers,

Mike

Shuttle_zpsaf70af10.jpg

• Like 3

One minor niggle which is the kit's fault: The shuttle's nose support strut is the long first variety used for Enterprise's glide tests. Once those were finished the strut was shortened to bring the shuttle's nose down more nearly parallel to the 747 fuselage to reduce drag. Here's a good side view.

"you know...too much" ! Raymccooney_personajes.jpg

• Like 3

Thanks Gregg136,theMDman and UKguyinUSA for the comments,and yes UKguyinUSA it's a big model which at the moment is 'flying' from my bedroom ceiling, next to a Revell 1/72 Breguet Atlantic which it dwarfs!

TheMDman, it would be a horrible tail sitter with the space shuttle on, which I'm glad I put some weight in the front although it's very heavy now.

MikeW that is a great photo, better than what I can do.