1/144th Martin Mars.

Top choice Rad! I see you have the later boxing and markings issue. I had planned to do my second one for this GB but in the older original boxing of 2004, still might if I have time after the 1/72nd kit I am preparing.

Take care in the build though. Its not too bad to do but is a monster when complete. The coincidence for me was that back in 2004 I was on my second visit to Canada and we made a special diversion to Sproat Lake to see them for real after a night stop in Port Alberni. Lucky for me they were both there out on the water. It was early to mid September, so the fire fighting season was near to an end.

The coincidence came about when a month or so after my return, CMR announced the kit and I ended up with one for Christmas that year plus another I'd bought without swmbo knowing!!!! :whistle:

Look forward to seeing how you progress. Cheers.

• Like 1

Welcome aboard Radleigh and a very nice choice as well.

The colour scheme looks amazing and I suspect she'll be quite big once completed!!

Will be looking forward to seeing this build progress.

Good luck with the build and do hope the build goes smoothly and is enjoyable.

The coincidence came about when a month or so after my return, CMR announced the kit and I ended up with one for Christmas that year plus another I'd bought without swmbo knowing!!!! :whistle:

she does now! :D

Will need to watch this one. That kit is on the wish list especially the later markings

Was on a fire in 2011 where it was operating at but I was on the wrong end of the fire 200 plus km away to see it. Although the machine was scheduled to go to a museum in Florida apparently the sale fell through and it's still waiting at port Alberni British Columbia

Top choice Rad! I see you have the later boxing and markings issue. I had planned to do my second one for this GB but in the older original boxing of 2004, still might if I have time after the 1/72nd kit I am preparing.

Take care in the build though. Its not too bad to do but is a monster when complete. The coincidence for me was that back in 2004 I was on my second visit to Canada and we made a special diversion to Sproat Lake to see them for real after a night stop in Port Alberni. Lucky for me they were both there out on the water. It was early to mid September, so the fire fighting season was near to an end.

Look forward to seeing how you progress. Cheers.

Hi Paul,

I too managed to visit Sproat Lake, out of the fire season (February) many years ago, after being invited to take a proper view of the magnificent Mars. A fabulous day where we flew by a float Beaver, which was a great start to the day. On arrival we were greater by the chief engineer and basically left to our own devices! What a great day and fabulous memories.

Regards

Reggie

Thanks guys, I'm actually building this for my new Water Bomber SIG, and it fits in perfectly for this GB... I'll be honest my record of finishing GB's is dire but my building is getting better now my new room is nearly finished! So, I should get this one done! (I have to have it done for Telford....)

Will get some photos up tonight :)

• Like 1