RF-4EJ JASDF (Now going to be IIAF RF-4C) Finished!

Thanks Jabba,

I managed to smooth the paint finish before I left for work and it went quite well, only a couple of minor touch ups required.

If I get the time (and the inclination in heat) I will start masking for, and possibly even applying, either the green or the brown.

Craig.

Hi Craig,

You have moaned so many times about Humbrol acrylics, yet done it again!!! At least you are ahead in the Phantom game now though, so keep going, it is looking good. will you be bringing it along on Friday? I will be there with my two latest ones and Betty!!!

• Like 1

Hi Craig,

You have moaned so many times about Humbrol acrylics, yet done it again!!! At least you are ahead in the Phantom game now though, so keep going, it is looking good. will you be bringing it along on Friday? I will be there with my two latest ones and Betty!!!

Hi Andy,

Yes I know I have moaned about Humbrol before but I didn't have another paint that matched, it looks better now that it's been polished.

If I make it on Friday I will bring it along. I look forward to seeing your 2 latest, no doubt they are 4 pieces each maximum! By Betty do I take it that you have bought a proper aeroplane again?

Craig.

A bit more than four pieces on the T-28 and Betty was a mis-spelling. It should have been Beti.

Looking forward to seeing the RF-4

Okay then it's time for a (long overdue) update.

I have been working on my F-4 honestly, it's just that with the new job I haven't got anything like the modelling time I used to have so I use my time building/painting rather than updating.

I have had a bit of a spurt over the last couple of days and this is how it looks now.

F-4%20camo%20001_zps1z5hlwto.jpg

F-4%20camo%20002_zpsy72gc5it.jpg

F-4%20camo%20004_zpsnapwhyto.jpg

F-4%20camo%20003_zpsrikwi0t1.jpg

As you can see all the main colours are on and just a little bit of touching up and polishing is required. I am quite pleased with how she looks now and hopefully this will spur me on spend more time on her, when I'm not at work or doing gardening etc.

For some reason the central piece of the canopy has decided to fall off, I found this out by accident when I stood on it whilst it was on the floor. Thankfully, but goodness knows how, it withstood the pressure of a slightly overweight engineer and survived the ordeal non the worse for wear. Now I just have to glue it back in place.

Oh well, off to touch up the paint etc.

As usual all comments and criticisms gratefully received (even Andy's) and thanks for looking.

Craig.

• Like 6

Time for another long overdue update.

Looks like I will be struggling to get this one across the line, but I will try. As I mentioned in one of my earlier posts my new job has taken a real toll of my modelling time, especially when combined with having to tackle the garden and other warm weather jobs.

I have made some progress as the pictures will show. The main airframe is complete and painted and decaled but as I'm sure you all know it's the finishing touches which can take the longest.

Well here are the pictures of how she looks now.

RF-4%20001_zpsngj7momf.jpg

RF-4%20002_zps5sa7mnfc.jpg

As you can see there is still a bit to do, best get on with it then!

Thanks for looking and as usual all comments and criticisms are gratefully received.

Craig.

• Like 3

Thanks for the kind words an encouragement guys, they seem to have worked as I've finished her!

As predicted the finishing touches took a while but I got there. She is not my best model but I am quite pleased with her and I am glad I chose the the scheme I did as it looks different with the black undersides, and I do like the Asia Minor scheme.

The kit has been built straight from the box, the only additions being the intake blanks which are from Two Mikes and are certainly a lot easier job to fit than a set of full resin intakes. I have also added an ALQ-101 ECM pod to the inboard port pylon as this is where they were carried, no other pods etc were carried and the wing tanks were usually dropped once empty so that the aircraft could get outbound from wherever they were sneakily taking photos as fast as possible.

I shall post a couple of pictures here and more in the gallery.

F-4%20Finished%20006_zps0zeh49nu.jpg

F-4%20Finished%20005_zpshpcigffi.jpg

As usual all comments and criticisms are gratefully received.

Thanks for looking, and thanks to the hosts for another great Group Build, and to all the other participants for their great models I have learnt a lot and loved watching them come together and there have been some fantastic builds.

Craig.

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...