Blackburn Roc, rescued from shelf of dooooooom

You know when you have plans for a kit, extra detail here, change that there, wait for extra details.......

Before you know it its some months/years down the line and nothing has moved with that kit. Rather than let this languish in the pile of unfinished kits, I finished it as is.

In the end I just replaced the drain pipes that come with the kit to represent the machine guns with resin ones from Quickboost (good job there was 8 in the pack, I lost 3 after not watching what I was doing and broke them all off. :shutup: Three are still at large somewhere). I also lowered the (insert name of thing that goes up and down to move out of the way of the guns as they swing past) at the back. Otherwise pretty much as it came in the box including the decals. I'm not happy with the fuel spill stains, but I am happy it was finally finished. Now all I need now is its twin the Defiant to complete the set.

Tim

IMGP8418_zpsmlxsmdm4.jpg

IMGP8422_zpsfztzxnuk.jpg

IMGP8413_zpsdvnanq77.jpg

IMGP8409_zpsaxvlzhgi.jpg

IMGP8414_zpsliwdjejo.jpg

IMGP8411_zps2myqtdun.jpg

IMGP8415_zpsbeol6ixx.jpg

• Like 41

Cool! :goodjob: I love the Roc. I have one I am very slowly converting into a float plane, stalled though until I can get my hands on a spare set of 1/48 scale Swordfish beaching gear.

Martin

• Like 1

Very nice indeed,.....I take it that it is the 1/48th scale Special Hobby kit?

Shane- Yes those are bomb racks, the outer four are actually called a Light Stores Carrier which could carry flares, smoke floats or small bombs wile the largger one inboard of these was for carrying larger bombs. The Roc was actually used as a dive bomber during the Battle of France and attacked German gun positions shelling our lads at Dunkirk. I built one of my Roc models as one of these aircraft.

Cheers

Tony

" (insert name of thing that goes up and down to move out of the way of the guns as they swing past) "

Turtledeck

Nice job!

Chris

Thanks, I shall add that to the ever-growing stash of (to some) useless information :-)

Tim

Very nice indeed,.....I take it that it is the 1/48th scale Special Hobby kit?

Shane- Yes those are bomb racks, the outer four are actually called a Light Stores Carrier which could carry flares, smoke floats or small bombs wile the largger one inboard of these was for carrying larger bombs. The Roc was actually used as a dive bomber during the Battle of France and attacked German gun positions shelling our lads at Dunkirk. I built one of my Roc models as one of these aircraft.

Cheers

Tony

Yes, 1/48 Special Hobby (that name does conjure up some interesting images, but lets not go there ;-) )

Odd to think of the Roc as a multi-roll aircraft, let alone an aircraft :mental:

Tim

• Like 1

Great model, done exceptionally well.

I did the Skua and the Roc. ( Still break out in cold sweets at night. )

Sort of Rocs to riches.

:goodjob:

Very nice indeed, it certainly looks the part! I have the Skua just hit my bench, certainly is a challenging build but if it looks half as good as yours I would be happy!

Cheers now

Bob

• 3 years later...
On 3/5/2019 at 3:51 AM, 28ZComeback said:

Just saw this; the addition of the resin guns makes a big difference in the scale appearance of the plane. Wonderful paint work and build.

Well, the kit ones probably scale out to be the size of drain pipes 🙂

Tim

On ‎4‎/‎27‎/‎2015 at 1:18 PM, Martian Hale said:

Cool! :goodjob: I love the Roc. I have one I am very slowly converting into a float plane, stalled though until I can get my hands on a spare set of 1/48 scale Swordfish beaching gear.

Martin

Figured it would be you or tonyot  that would do one, Martian- especially since Moa doesn't do military airplanes anymore!

Mike

Edited by 72modeler
added text
  • Haha 1