It's been a long time since I posted one of my builds but thought I would share this with you, Revell's fairly recent Bf 109G-6 but finished as a G-14. The kit is pretty much as it comes however I did use Alley Cat's excellent upgrade set and an HGW fabric seat harness. The model was finished with my usual blend of Gunze and Tamiya paints. Markings were a mixture of Montex masks and an Eagle Cals decal sheet to represent 'Yellow 4' from 14/JG5 in Norway in the closing months of the war:

IMG_1202-1_zpssbncczbs.jpg

IMG_1206_zps2nhv06f4.jpg

IMG_1205_zps0alyiuf2.jpg

IMG_1209_zpspcmxrqre.jpg

IMG_1210_zpssvm0rzei.jpg

IMG_1208_zpsiuengsu8.jpg

IMG_1204_zpsdfd5idqi.jpg

IMG_1211_zpsyxsfhbev.jpg

Thanks for looking,

Howard

• Like 22

Thank you to everyone who has been kind enough to reply or 'like' my post, it is much appreciated.

Its great to be viewing your work again. That is one sinister looking 109, I like sinister! Superb mottling and exhaust staining, you've nailed it.

Hopefully I will have more time to build kits this year. Thanks for the comments Kurt, not up to your standard though!

Thanks R22. I wish I had seen that photo before I started painting, my mottle pattern is a bit off and I am assuming the tapes over the wing tip joints have been overpainted. I notice it is captioned as belonging to 15 Staffel, (the Eagle Cals sheets says the same), however I thought 14 Staffel used yellow and 15 were using black outlined in white?

Lovely stuff, I'm doing the same aircraft in 1/72 at the moment.

Duncan B

Thanks Duncan, I marvel at how you pull off some of these schemes in 1/72. Look forward to seeing it!

Once again, thanks for all the kind comments, it's good to be posting again!

• 4 weeks later...