Mitsubishi Ki 46 III Dinah, LS 1/72

Hi,

Another archive model from my shelvs - Mitsubishi Ki 46 III Dinah. Except markings this is OOB work (LS kit), done in ... 1977 :)... Some time ago.

Markings are from 81 Direct Command Squadron JAAF, New Guinea 1944.

I just cleaned it and added new Vallejo mat coat.

Comments welcome

Jerzy-Wojtek

ki46 DSC03973ki46 DSC03972ki46 DSC03971ki46 DSC03970

Edited by JWM
Switch to Flickr
  • Like 14

Jerzy,

Another nice 'un! I like the blue camo. I have never seen that before (but then I don't know that much about Japanese WWII aircraft).

regards,

Martin

• Like 1

Hi Friend Jerzy!!!!

You're back and strikes again!!!

I have seen your lovely model and many things came to my mind, as usual with all those magnificently built kits you are presenting....as you have seen, at the least provocation my mind began to develop a quantity of flashbacks from the past about those great years, as in the late 70's any visit to the now Mytical Universal Hobbies, the great survivor of many hobby shops established here in Guatemala....aahhhh those visits to the store were memorable: Every brand "available" at the time was well represented there with plenty of models to choose, (and write "available" as the KP kits were nearly like gold dust as the distribuitor who sell them have not always available this brand)....BUT the LS brand was more than available as they used to carry everyone of the kits they made, as I remember very vividly the great quantity of the Mitsubishi Dinah kit variants there in a great shelve dedicated to them only and Nitto Kagaku armor kits all in 1/72.....everyone who have invested in those rare kits has now something like a gold mine!!!!

I have had only one of those, as have had no chance to get any other of the variants that seemed al equally when you don't know about the type, and was in my stash since 1981 thru 1990 that a japanese model fan asked me for a swap, and when I see that he had nearly all the LS kits and was missing just the one I had, I given it to him in exchange. I said him that some parts were missing since thelong time i have it as when bought the box was nearly destroyed and just have to bag her to save the kit, but he answered "No trouble, just give me the kit and say yes to the swap and all will be fine" He was very happy and gave me some Old Frog/Novo kits:The Sea Fury, the Skua, the La 7 and some others........I was not knowing what he will give me in exchange....both of us were very fortunate....JAJAJAJAJAJAJA

I liked a huge ot the painting scheme you used on this lady, and also the way you use to weather her, very discreet and gently, later i have found an Airfix one, will check if there is the same variant as yours, an even tough the kit is not to the standard of yours, willtake note about the variant as seem a great candidate to replicate here!!!

Thank you verymuch for sharing and as always, leave me thinking about the wonderful past I have lived,

Cheers,

Luis Alfonso

• Like 1

Thank you Kira666 and Steve for comments.

Steve - I remember this kit was very nice in work. Still I have another one - a step nose (Dinah Mk II) version in stash...

Thank you Kira666 and Bernd for comments!

Kira - nice set from stash :) - the Ki48 Lily is also Mania (as Ki 15 Babs - there is no Ki 27 on your photo :) ) - I posted them both about month ago... In my stash there is Dinah 2 and Ki-109 from this set, on shelvs there are still not posted Ki43 & Nelly - but I am not decided yet to post them - I have to clean them before I decide (and do some repair on decals)

Cheers

J-W

You have done really well to keep your collection, I very much wish I had my old builds.... yours are obviously excellent models as well.

I recently built the Arii version of this model. It still builds quite well and with detailing and new canopies could be a very good rendition.

• Like 1

Thank you Kira666 and Bernd for comments!

Kira - nice set from stash :) - the Ki48 Lily is also Mania (as Ki 15 Babs - there is no Ki 27 on your photo :) ) - I posted them both about month ago... In my stash there is Dinah 2 and Ki-109 from this set, on shelvs there are still not posted Ki43 & Nelly - but I am not decided yet to post them - I have to clean them before I decide (and do some repair on decals)

Cheers

J-W

You're right. Photo was taken about 5 years ago and when I've posted it, I didn't take care.

Mania kits and teir hasegawa reissues are beautiful.

Edited by kira666
  • Like 1