BAE Systems AS90 39 Cal

Hi guys,

Heres my finished trumpeter 1:35 scale AS90. Realy enjoyed making this kit for an old mate from the Regiment. (3 RHA) I used the Eduard PE kits for the mesh and other bits, the RBM 39 calibre barrel instead of the Braveheart, and Lenses were from Little cars. 3RHA Cypher on turret was done with crafty cards inkjet water slide decal paper. painted using Valejo acrylics and clear varnished with Valejo gloss varnish, The barrel transit clamp was too high so cut it down by the equivalent of about 18" and it looks better now.

Anyway here's the pics.

IMG_1068.jpg

IMG_1067.jpg

IMG_1066.jpg

IMG_1070.jpg

IMG_1065.jpg

IMG_1069.jpgIMG_1071.jpgIMG_1064.jpg

IMG_1072.jpgIMG_1074.jpgIMG_1075.jpgIMG_1077.jpgIMG_1079.jpgIMG_1076.jpgIMG_1080.jpgIMG_1081.jpgIMG_1086.jpgIMG_1088.jpg

• Like 12

I've sat on one of the buggers and you've taken me back to that day with my mate Dave, a meat and potato pie and an hour in the sun. Nice build.

• Like 1

Very nice! Can I be your mate?

everyone can be my mate Lol

I've sat on one of the buggers and you've taken me back to that day with my mate Dave, a meat and potato pie and an hour in the sun. Nice build.

Our Regiment had them , big noisy beasts , got to love Artillery

I used 71.012 Dark Green, and 71.057 Black. with Valejo Gloss varnish over the top. I painted everything before adding the lenses, then glossed over after. So were you RHA then?

I've just noticed these from accurate armour, I may replace the ammo boxes for the GPMG on top of the turret.

http://www.accurate-armour.com/ShowProduct.cfm?category=4&subcategory=34&product=344&manufacturer=0

should make a lot of difference to the detail.

Edited by Kevdan

I used 71.012 Dark Green, and 71.057 Black. with Valejo Gloss varnish over the top. I painted everything before adding the lenses, then glossed over after. So were you RHA then?

I've just noticed these from accurate armour, I may replace the ammo boxes for the GPMG on top of the turret.

http://www.accurate-armour.com/ShowProduct.cfm?category=4&subcategory=34&product=344&manufacturer=0

should make a lot of difference to the detail.

Thanks, no I'm not ex services at all, the RHA option from the 2003 invasion of Iraq just stood out to me!

I've got those ammo boxes and the GPMG on the wish list for my buildalong with this

http://www.accurate-armour.com/ShowProduct.cfm?manufacturer=0&category=4&subcategory=34&product=2227

There's also this as an alternative the the AA GPMG live resin do an L7A2 which I think is the right type

http://models-hobby.com/catalogsearch/advanced/result/?sku=Lre35088

Phil

• Like 1

I'm a member of the RHA past and present members association, I'll try and get you some photo's of Iraq 2003. Cant Promise anything though, the one I just finished was for the battery AS90 Driver and maintenance instructor. He wont get it until we meet up for the PPMA reunion in September.

I saw the 155 ammo crates but I'd only use them if doing a diorama.

• Like 1

I'm a member of the RHA past and present members association, I'll try and get you some photo's of Iraq 2003. Cant Promise anything though, the one I just finished was for the battery AS90 Driver and maintenance instructor. He wont get it until we meet up for the PPMA reunion in September.

I saw the 155 ammo crates but I'd only use them if doing a diorama.

That would would be great, pictures on the net seem few and far between! I'm sure you're mate will be well pleased to receive that, if you can let it go by then...

• Like 1

I promised him I'd do one, but a bit gutted as this is by far a better build than my original one I did for myself, Might use it for target practice and do another one eventually.

Keep the pics coming.

• 1 year later...