This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Homebee

1/72 - MiG-29 (9.13) "Fulcrum-C" by Trumpeter - released

Woohoo! Now I can do a Myanmar Mig-29!

According cybermodeler.com of today we have to wait until approx. May.

Martin

Seems the reviewer never heard about the Zvezda rendering...Trumpeter is Trumpeter , nothing more that a very nice toy, as usual.

It is not only the "bump" that makes the difference ! They could have taken the chance to correct the mishaps that plagued their 9-12 model.

Yes, it LOOKS nice but Zvezda is nice and right !

Just my two cents !

Madcop

On 2016. 06. 17. at 0:00 PM, madcop said:

Seems the reviewer never heard about the Zvezda rendering...Trumpeter is Trumpeter , nothing more that a very nice toy, as usual.

It is not only the "bump" that makes the difference ! They could have taken the chance to correct the mishaps that plagued their 9-12 model.

Yes, it LOOKS nice but Zvezda is nice and right !

Just my two cents !

Madcop

Could you tell me more about this misstakes, please?

For one thing Trumpeter represented the auxiliary intakes opened but you can fill them up or put a pilot in the cockpit.

The thing that bothers me more is the bloated windscreen base. I've built the Trumpeter 9.12 (it's the best option to do a 9.12 currently) but I'm not going to buy the other boxings because of it.

Trumpy vs Zvezda

trumpyVsZvezda.jpg

Trumpy vs 1/48 GWH

trumpyVsGwh.jpg

Edited by Laurent

Thank You Laurent .

Madcop :)

I am applying finishing touches the trumpeter 9.12 and one thing I can vouch for is the fit is excellent .  Accuracy wise , I am not experienced enough but it does looks a mig-29 once finished .

There is something you should look out for - the missiles supplied in the 9.12 kit (and I suppose the other versions ) include 2 pieces each of R-73 and R-60.  The mig-29 cannot be configured to carry both type simultaneously  , so either you have equip the airplane with four R-73 or four R-60 .   I used the excellent ICM missile set and equipped mine with four R-73 .  

I also have the SMT version box , inexplicably , it came with a single Kh-31 missile . I think they forgot to pack the second sprue in my case . 

Edited by Basuroy

9 minutes ago, Basuroy said:

I am applying finishing touches the trumpeter 9.12 and one thing I can vouch for is the fit is excellent .

I would say that. Radome and intake parts fit isn't stellar.

Anybody else notice that the 9.12 and the SMT are now nearly impossible to find in the UK? Methinks Trumpeter's distributor is getting lazy...