1/72 - MiG-29 (9.13) "Fulcrum-C" by Trumpeter - released - IBG Models boxing

Homebee

Any idea if the kit includes decals for the digital camouflage or masks for it? Also, does anyone have experience with ModelMaker decals?

By the way, I know some Trumpeter jets (I have the Su-27 Flanker B ) have an issue with a crest along the canopy which does not seem that easy to remove. Is this one fine in this regard? Just wondering if I should plan ahead and look for a vacuform canopy.

Edited by Fin

2 hours ago, Fin said:

Any idea if the kit includes decals for the digital camouflage or masks for it? Also, does anyone have experience with ModelMaker decals?

From the FB: IBG responded there will be decal for digital camo.

I have experience with MM decals and they are perfect both in terms of color/register and softness/adherence.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Fin said:

By the way, I know some Trumpeter jets (I have the Su-27 Flanker B ) have an issue with a crest along the canopy which does not seem that easy to remove. Is this one fine in this regard? Just wondering if I should plan ahead and look for a vacuform canopy.

No "omega" crest.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, HKR said:

From the FB: IBG responded there will be decal for digital camo.

Hopefully also masks, Foxbot makes those as well, right? I find that in my hands at least, painting stuff like that works better than a decal.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Procopius said:

Hopefully also masks, Foxbot makes those as well, right?

They do: https://foxbot.com.ua/fm72-002-e.html

But the Facebook page indicates that they will not be included in the kit, only the digital camo decals. So if you want to paint the camo, it appears you will need to buy the masks yourself.

The mask instructions show aircraft White 57:

foxbot_fm_72-002_1_enl.jpg?crc=360701486

Which is the aircraft on the box art:

279145067_5172386909549578_1419497392137

Although the artworks don't necessarily agree on the scheme detail or having the number repeated on the tail fins.

Foxbot's own MiG-29 decal sheet: https://foxbot.com.ua/72-061-e.html

Does not appear to include a grey digital scheme option, and does not include aircraft White 57:

fd-72-061_mig-29_02444x333.jpg?crc=38393

So it looks like Foxbot's masks are aimed specifically at the IBG kit release rather than their aftermarket offerings, for the moment at least.

I also found it notable that while the earlier decal / mask sets for the Su-24 and Su-27 include the Zvezda kits as an option, the recent MiG-29 decal release lists the available kits as: Academy, Airfix, Bilek, Condor, ESCI/ERTL, Fujimi, Hasegawa, ICM, Italeri, Kopro, MasterCraft, Revell, Tamiya, Testors, Trumpeter.

Understandably no support for Russian Zvezda, and patchy support for the reboxings of the Zvezda molds (Academy yes; Platz no; Revell maybe as they have released other MiG-29 kits in addition to their Zvezda MiG-29S kit).

Jonathan.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Stilwell said:

So it looks like Foxbot's masks are aimed specifically at the IBG kit release rather than their aftermarket offerings, for the moment at least.

The Foxbot masks were prepared for this particular paint job, not specifically for the IBG Models kit.

• 1 month later...
On 5/10/2022 at 10:23 PM, Procopius said:

Hopefully also masks, Foxbot makes those as well, right? I find that in my hands at least, painting stuff like that works better than a decal.

This masks for ICM model. We prepare new decal and new masks for Trumpeter kit now. 

And a new decal for the MiG-29 9-12, 9-13 and 9-51 has already been released.

FD-72-061-Mi-G-29-01-mod.jpg FD-72-061-Mi-G-29-02-mod.jpg FD-72-061-Mi-G-29-04.jpg FD-72-061-Mi-G-29-05.jpg

Edited by foxbot
  • Like 6

On 5/11/2022 at 3:20 PM, Piotr Mikolajski said:

The Foxbot masks were prepared for this particular paint job, not specifically for the IBG Models kit.

Will be new masks for Trumpeter and IBG models. 

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...
  • Homebee changed the title to 1/72 - MiG-29 (9.13) "Fulcrum-C" by Trumpeter - released - IBG Models boxing