Airfix 1:72 Short Stirling Bomber

Thanks for the comments guys, makes me feel it was worth the time and the effort.

On the subject of the turrets being moved. I meant to answer this a while back but forgot to. I built this without the turrets in place simply to make it easier to paint and varnish so I removed the lower rings from the bases and when the kit was finished I simply glued the turrets in the openings. This is the reason why I can't swap them around, I can't remove them as any force applied would surely split the very fragile seams and filler in the fuselage.

I used pva on the clear parts so it may be possible to swap the clear parts and mod the gunner with the base and back in place but it's not worth messing even if it is wrong. I'm happy with how she turned out.

• Like 1

Great job on a very old kit, mate! I had this kit when I was a teenager but never got around to doing it due to college, then marriage, then career and life. Now I'm retired, I have time to attempt one! :):thumbsup::clap2:

Cheers,

Martin

• Like 1

• 3 years later...

I was given one of these by my well-meaning sis-in-law for Christmas. I am dreading it, but I'll do it 'cos I love her to bits. It may, however need some new decals and a few bottles of scotch! I'm thinking of finishing it as the aircraft captured and operated by the Luftwaffe. If/when it gets dug out of the stash for its day of glory, I'll let you know

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...