Italeri Junkers JU87 B-2 1/48

Hello all

One of my recent builds - Italeri's Stuka in 1/48. Built out of the box, with just a Montex mask to assist with the canopy (which would have driven me nuts to do myself with tape) and a bit of EZ line for the aerial.

Generally happy with the result, although I had a couple of issues, more down to my limited skills than the kit I suspect. I was originally planning to pose it with the engine partially exposed, as the kit had a decent looking engine included, but just couldn't get it lined up properly to have the engine cowls on one side, so ended up covering it up completely. Also, had a bit of trouble with the bomb release mechanism, so the main bomb is just stuck on...

Painted with Tamiya acrylics, weathered with a Flory dark dirt wash and a flattened finish with Vallejo Matte Medium.

Anyhow, to the pictures. Thanks for looking.

Adam

DSCF0092_zpszuhghwod.jpg

DSCF0089_zpslh56p1ta.jpg

DSCF0094_zpseaaymlrg.jpg

DSCF0044_zps8cxnqnkc.jpg

DSCF0046_zpszv5l1f3q.jpg

DSCF0058_zpstrufpbzp.jpg

DSCF0093_zpsorplq5wt.jpg

DSCF0091_zpsf7aflkmm.jpg

• Like 13

Nice but i missing same parts(little propellers on wings,bomb fork)

I've no idea what happened with those little props, another oversight... :banghead:

Lovely Stuka Doozer, very nice work :coolio:

I've no idea what happened with those little props, another oversight... :banghead:

The little propellers were to drive a siren to increase the psychological terror effect when dive-bombing, but the added drag from these did not help the already-challenged Ju87's speed so they were removed and faired over - there should be a couple of tiny hemispherical domes in the kit to represent the fairings, but in any case the lack of the undercarriage-fairing propellers is not an issue for a late Stuka like this one :thumbsup2:

Cheers,

Stew

• Like 1

Lovely Stuka Doozer, very nice work :coolio:

The little propellers were to drive a siren to increase the psychological terror effect when dive-bombing, but the added drag from these did not help the already-challenged Ju87's speed so they were removed and faired over - there should be a couple of tiny hemispherical domes in the kit to represent the fairings, but in any case the lack of the undercarriage-fairing propellers is not an issue for a late Stuka like this one :thumbsup2:

Cheers,

Stew

Thanks for the knowledge Stew - just shows how little I know or research about the models I build! :)

Stew you have right and I know that all Stukas havent siren but when you give not little siren propellers you must give kit part 8c or without siren holder and sanding landing gear.

Edited by Reserve_22