Colourcoat Paints return.

Shar2

Just got this from Jamie Duff, proprietor of Sovereign Hobbies who bought Colourcoats when WEM folded: "We are launching this weekend at the Perth (UK) IPMS show. We will get the webstore finished when we get back and we have a means to post paints within UK mainland and above board which is great. Still need to sort out international shipping but one step at a time...."

I hope everyone will give Jamie all the support that you gave us at WEM, and help him make Colourcoats a resounding success!

• Like 11

Some samples acquired at Perth this afternoon. The Azure Blue will be added to the "Blue, Blue, My Love Is Azure Blue" thread as soon as I get a chance to brush some out.

P1000462_zpstukuypm9.jpg

John

• Like 5

Thanks for the post Dave. Perth has gone very well so far. We ran out of our paper brochure things for the air force and armour colours an hour after opening and the naval colours 30 minutes after that. We seem to be around 300 tins lighter and are presently printing off colour lists in the hotel room for tomorrow.

We've met some very friendly and encouraging people and had a great day out. I want that big Hasegawa Akagi at the other side of the hall but have contented myself with a new destroyer instead (to wear the IJN paints for promotional purposes, of course).

We believe we have an international courier lined up too, but the prices will only make sense to those buying a big order (i.e. stockists).

It was nice to meet Jamie and his lovely assistant yesterday - very nice people and their stand seemed to be busy most of the time I was at the show :D

I suffered a case of sudden wallet weight loss but gained the full Armee de l'Air and Regia Aeronautica collections which are very comprehensive and totally do not count as stash ;)

Thanks again Jamie, I hope you have as good a day tomorrow.

Cheers,

Stew

Hi Stew, it was great to meet you. Having already ran off with "one of everything" we were indeed surprised to see you return for a repeat performance :lol:

We'd love to see what you get round to doing with them and it may kick me in to building the little Classic Airframes Saetta or MPM SM79 I've had in my kit stash for years!

All the best,

Jamie

Good news indeed. I'm not able to use enamels at my current domicile, but the return of availability of Colourcoats may make me look for new lodgings with the opportunity to rebuild a stock of those superb paints.

I wish you all the best, Jamie, and I'm sure you'll be getting plenty of support from a lot of the BM crowd.

Kev

Hi Stew, it was great to meet you. Having already ran off with "one of everything" we were indeed surprised to see you return for a repeat performance :lol:

We'd love to see what you get round to doing with them and it may kick me in to building the little Classic Airframes Saetta or MPM SM79 I've had in my kit stash for years!

All the best,

Jamie

I know! I'd completely forgotten about the Regia Aeronautica colours as they had mostly been out of stock back in the WEM days so it was a treat to find that you'd reproduced the whole series - I've got a CR42, G50, BR20 and a Cant Z1007 with the Corpo Aereo Italiano Battle of Britain decal set from DP Casper, so they will get used, and I will do a build thread as I have found that this not only encourages me to actually do the modelling but has I think improved the quality of it to a degree at least (for the avoidance of embarrassment in front of my peers :D)...

You should do the same with the Japanese Destroyer, the Maritime section of BM is a bit under-subscribed and it would be a great advert for your paints too...

Cheers,

Stew

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Not to be a nag, but I've been waiting patiently for years for that Japanese Trainer Orange to be other than "Forthcoming". And is there any hope of that lovely line of photo-etch being extended?

You'll have to ask Toms Modelworks about the etch as they bought the rights to the WEM sets and all the resin range. Peter at Atlantic Models is updating those etch sets for the Cold War and Modern eras.

Any progress with the webstore?

Sorry I haven't logged in to Britmodeller for a while.

International stockist orders are being processed. One for the USA should be collected by the courier on Monday, with one for Germany to follow.

For domestic UK customers, we've had to do a packaging test with Parcelforce. We have completed that to their satisfaction and we have an envelope with a 1st class stamp sat by my front door containing the signed contract to post back to their head office. When they receive that (probably Tuesday, given that everything takes a day longer to and from NE Scotland) we have an account with them.

Thereafter we can open the webstore. We could open it now and take pre-orders, but each page currently says the webstore is closed yet we get several emails per day asking if and how they can order yet so it suggests nobody really reads very carefully and I'm worried about a wave of angry forum posts from people who think they've been conned if the order doesn't arrive within a few days, particularly with it being a new business.

The core of the business is quite simple. I already ran a business and the accounting side of things we knew about. It's been the continuous challenges turning a collection or paint colours into a supply chain that has been a learning curve. Almost there...

• Like 7

The German customer hasn't asked for any particular anonymity.

It's NNT Modell + Buch who got in first in Europe. It was collected from us yesterday by the courier so Ralf there will need a bit of time himself to get organised when he receives it.

For UK customers, we're opening the webstore today. All postal arrangements are complete and we can now sell/send domestically.

Edited by SovereignHobbies
  • Like 5

For high contrast (black paint on white plastic or vice versa) they need several coats but you'll be used to that but they do brush fine.

For context, the paint range started off catering for naval modellers. With naval modelling in particular (a hull with lots of photoetched brass detailed sub assemblies on top) you can spray big bits but you'll never get very far on a model ship without getting the brushes out...

• Like 1