Welcome and Rules

Thank you Mish....well folks :welcome: it’s finally here or first GB after so much anguish by follows of the dark arts......resin, VacForm, and others!! :yahoo:

Finally we have a GB all of our own and hopefully we can;

a: convert others to our cause

b: do it all again!

c: clear out some models we have had sitting around for a GB like this!

For this GB I will be your host and will be assisted by tomprobert & Pin :clap:, who will help me control the rabble plus help offer advice to the newbie’s to this type of modelling.

I would also like to ask all the experienced members to help lend a hand to those newbie’s as well, to help make this build an enjoyable one. To those who will be new to the materials of their model, please don’t be afraid to call out for help and advice if you need it. There are some really talented and experienced modellers in this GB who will only be too happy to help if you get stuck.

Ok time to bore everyone with endless lists of rules, most of us will know the standard ones, which I will re-state plus the additional ones unique for this GB. In the end I want this to be a fun and enjoyable build everyone, from the hardcore to the newbie’s dipping their toes in to exotic world of alternative modelling materials.

Ok the rules for the Non-Injected Moulded GB; :rules:

#1 - The Group Build will run from 00:01GMT Saturday 2nd May to 23:59GMT Sunday 30th August 2015.

#2 – MOST IMPORTANT the model has to be primarily made from a material other than “Injection Moulded Plastic”. This means that 80-90% of the model plus its major components MUST be of a material than injection moulding plastic. This means that most of your conversion kit models will be ineligible..sorry.

#3 – However....it is understandable that the spares box may/will need to be raided, it is often enough the really small parts are poorly made or not supplied, so in these cases injection moulded parts can be use. If major parts are really badly moulded/damaged/missing the injection moulded parts may be allowed to be used. This will be a cases by case issue, please if in doubt please ask, we will try to be accommodating as possible while keeping within the spirit of the build.

#4 – All models must be less than 25% complete at the start of the build, if in doubt please ask me.

#5 - All builds must have a WIP thread showing progress, no completed models can go into the gallery unless there is a build thread. Please feel free to build and COMPLETE as many models as you like, remember you are clearing space in your stash for more!

#6 - No buying/wanted or selling in the GB area please as I don’t get a cut and it’s not allowed!!! :nono:There is a buying and selling section in Britmodeller for this! This also includes free trades.......you know who you are.

#7 - There will be a poll to vote for your favourite build at the end of the GB, if I can figure out how to do it in time, but please do not canvas for votes. The pole at this stage, if possible, will be divided into 3 poles (will have to check with Mish if this is possible....and how to do it), those being; Resin, VacForm, and everything else. This is to be fair to everyone, but it will depend on numbers.

#8 - Whatif or Fictional schemes are allowed :yahoo: , this is all about the material the model is built out of and not its authenticity!

#9 - Finally everybody likes constructive comments on their builds, please be polite and constrictive with them and no arguments please. As for “rivet counters”............ :fight:

Again after so long we finally have this GB up and ready and a chance to highlight all the amazing materials that models can be made from other than the standard Tamigawa “Shake-n-back” models......not that there is anything wrong about them!

I do hope everyone gets to enjoy their build and has fun, good luck to all and I hope we can get them all finished in time.

:thumbsup:

Rich

• Like 4