Jump to content

DB's 1/48 Senior Service Phantom -={FINISHED 9/7}=-


Recommended Posts

:bye: My entry is going to be the old P15 boxing of the 1/48 Hasegawa Phantom FG.1, and i shall try to build it straight out of the box.

Box art and sprues:

17259108235_c124df4497_c.jpg

The 20+ years old decals' carrier film was a bit yellowed, but surprisingly only a few hours of danish sunlight seems to have cleared them,but the roundels will be replaced, as they are printed in the infamous ivory white :zombie: :

17257378682_c7b9f17bb0_c.jpg

And on to the tires that i tried sand to get rid of the moulding seams and giving them a more flat finish:

17051737657_6d7ec72232_c.jpg

^much improvement? :hmmm:

Hmmm...I better get some sleep now. :sleeping:

Edited by The dragonborn
  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

update:

I tried to give the intakes an illusion of depth by fading in the black end wall.

17149060438_f8d4496386_c.jpg

And now it is starting to look like a phantom:

17353166835_19813b55d1_c.jpg

the seams around the intake and aft of the wing needed some filler.

:pilot:

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Looks as though Hasegawa got the lower intake tunnel much smoother on the 1/48 version than their 1/72 version. Nonetheless, your image above will be useful inspiration when I come to addressing that area on my 1/72 kit.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Looks as though Hasegawa got the lower intake tunnel much smoother on the 1/48 version than their 1/72 version. Nonetheless, your image above will be useful inspiration when I come to addressing that area on my 1/72 kit.

Thats because I added some thin styrene sheet to cover the rough area=easy fix :winkgrin:

Here is the intakes with the wing fitted:

17150756357_4fc2f97887_c.jpg

Stabs,nose and fin box fitted:

17150733227_0d696d70b1_c.jpg

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thats because I added some thin styrene sheet to cover the rough area=easy fix :winkgrin:

Here is the intakes with the wing fitted:

17150756357_4fc2f97887_c.jpg

Thanks for the tip. Nice intakes!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

And I started painting the bottom with vallejo white surface primer using the trusty hairy stick. :tomato:

17528607461_8083628629_z.jpg

:pilot:

Ah, the great battle between the brush painter and white paint has begun! I'll be watching for any hints cos I've not got the hang of it yet... :shrug:

Sean

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

:yahoo: I'm calling this one done:

19545923335_ea13a56f48_c.jpg

19519799646_0d6aaefc95_c.jpg

19539184612_baf05724b3_c.jpg

18925051263_02e5f45783_c.jpg

19550191631_5c1cc6d5ef_c.jpg

After the decals was on I gave it an coat of vallejo satin varnish followed by a dark grey wash from the same make. This was the first time I tried a wash, and I thought looked awful after applying it, but as I began to rub off the excess a nicely weathered finish emerged.

I hope y'all enjoyed my build, I certainly did. :coolio:

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Vry nice indeed. I like the scruffiness that you have done to the fuselage. We used to mark this area readily with our work shooes and an aircraft fresh out of paint got very messy quite quickly.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...