AER LINGUS THREE GENERATIONS

hi everyone,just finished this airfix 1-11,it was started way back in 2000 however due to a changing work situation i was unable to settle back to a regular modelling routine so it became abandoned,fast forward to 2011 and retirement which was the boost to start some more projects,recently the 1-11 was rediscovered partially painted and covered in a gooey mess of masking tape so i decided to rescue it as i imagine these are difficult to find these days, however here it is 15 years late with some other aircraft from the fleet built in my previous modelling life. P4230001_zpsmg5wspr0.jpg P4230002_zpsqrowybxo.jpg P4230003_zpsgwqzulbi.jpg P4230005_zpssrdlqp2r.jpg P4230006_zpsi87wus9m.jpg P4230007_zpscs1qxysy.jpg

• Like 25

Nice save on the 1-11, and a much better livery than the later ones too IMHO.

( I have an A330 looking for a livery currently, so might consider the Aer Lingus )

Cheers,

Mike

• Like 1

A great project very well executed - all 3 look excellent, in particular the great rescue job on the 1-11.

How about a 4th generation with a DC-3 in a post WW2 scheme?

Cheers

Tim

• Like 1

Very pleasing indeed, as an ex aircraft spotter at Manchester AP, Aer Lingus were very frequent visitors I can appreciate the livery changes. The trio looks very good indeed.

Colin

• Like 1

A great project very well executed - all 3 look excellent, in particular the great rescue job on the 1-11.

How about a 4th generation with a DC-3 in a post WW2 scheme?

Cheers

Tim

Hi Tim, that sounds intriguing, hadnt thought of that. cheers Michael.

They have an A320 painted in the old 1960s colours at the moment, it really stands out from the rest of the fleet (it looks superb I think!)

8561932361_42fcb0674d_b.jpg

yes certainly agree with you there, not seen this before, doesnt it look gorgeous. cheers michael.

• Like 1

I know an Aer Lingus pilot who probably flew all three of the actual aircraft you depict. But the 1-11 was always his favourite.

He was also my Instructor and on my very first flight he demonstrated a low level circuit of Fairyhouse horse racing track 'leaping' the chase fences like Tony McCoy. The hooligan. But I loved it.

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

Three great builds you have there .

thanks for sharing,