Tamiya 1/32 f-4j Phantom

Hi everyone,

This was a really great kit, it sat in my stash for years before I felt confident enough to have a bash at it. The only real issue was with the intakes, as they are pretty pants if built the way Tamiya designed them, so I cut them around and made them seamless.

I used an Eduard Big etch set and painted the main colour with Lifecolor acrylics, the tug is from Verlinden and the figures are from the Tamiya Tomcat and Academy Hornet.

The deck is my artistic license in effect although I did study some reference pics to get the flavour of the real thing, the JBD was the hardest part for me to build as having to make multiple parts and keep them the same size really twisted my melon lol !

Hopefully if my IPad and Photobucket play nicely, you should see some pics

Cheers guys

Pete

20140928_140443_zps9ese1tan.jpg

20140928_140429_zpso8djssek.jpg

20140928_140355_zpsv4zzrg4j.jpg

20140928_140334_zpsv2knbsxm.jpg

20140928_135539_zpszmujoqit.jpg

20140928_135553_zpsoykvtgao.jpg

Edited by Brundledonk
  • Like 31

Wow, I thought what a great model and diorama and then I got to the end with the lighting on, awesome!

Edited by Agent K

stunning work, looks fantastic . very nice phanthom and great job on the the scheme and finish... the base looks fantastic certainly a head turner, some fantastic detail and some great touches, love the lighting, superb work and fantastic build.....

That's drop dead gorgeous! Great work on EVERY part of it. That little Verlinden tug is a great little kit on it's own, isn't it?

Thanks for sharing that one - yet again, the bar is raised on BM! Maybe I should take up knitting? :winkgrin:

Kev