My second build for this GB is another old friend, the Fujimi F-4F.

Again, this has been in The Stash since 1985 but in this case the box fared somewhat better.

F001.jpg

I will also be adding some resin and PE. The scheme is yet to be decided but it will be one of the late-80s air defence schemes. Not the box art scheme though as that was experimental. I hope to find a scheme from JG74 at Neuberg in 1987, to remind me of an excellent squadron exchange I had there.

• Like 6

Nice one Enzo ! I've built exactly the same kit with exactly the same PE bits a couple years ago, the result was something like this

P9293306.jpg

Luckily the decal sheet in the box includes numbers and variations of the unit insignia to build pretty much every Phantom in the Norm 81 scheme.

Mind, there are a lot of things to be aware when trying to use the Eduard set in the Fujimi kit, mainly due to the wrong way the cockpits are depicted in this kit. Please feel free to ask any question, I'll be glad to share my experience and a few tricks

• Like 4

Here we go with the sprue shots.

The kit is moulded in white plastic - which for some strange reason is quite unsettling...

F002.jpg

F003.jpg

F004.jpg

As Giorgio says, the decal sheet covers pretty much any F-4F in the Norm 81 scheme. I just hope they behave themselves.

F005.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

First thing to do is build the cockpit. There are no details moulded into the parts but there are decals for the instrument panels and consoles. I actually used the decals from the Fujimi FGR.2 which I am also building.

F006.jpg

F007.jpg

Cockpit fitted into the fuselage halves and the halves glued together. As you can see, there is a slight gap. :fool:

F008.jpg

Nothing to worry about, a bit of masking tape wrapped round the nose while it dries sorts it all out.

F009.jpg

Wings assembled and fitted, followed by the intakes. In common with every F-4 kit I have ever built, the intakes will need some work.

F010.jpg

• Like 5

Cockpit fitted into the fuselage halves and the halves glued together. As you can see, there is a slight gap. :fool:

F008.jpg

Wow Enzo, that is quite a gap. I have seen Starlings with their beaks open less than that.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

The last day of the GB and this one is actually finished - I've just been very remiss in updating the thread. :( Time to put that right.

All primed up and ready for painting.

F011.jpg

Starting to mask

F012.jpg

And masking a bit more.

F013.jpg

Until painting was complete. It is quite a complex scheme and I couldn't find matches, so I had to mix colours until they looked right. I used RLM 74, RLM 75, RLM 66, Medium Sea Grey and Barley Grey but don't ask me what proportions I used... :D

F014.jpg

Kit decals applied which behaved very well considering their age.

F015.jpg

And up on its own gear.

F016.jpg

• Like 1

And completed. This one brings back a few memories as I saw it when I was detached to Neuberg for a squadron exchange in October 1986. Neuberg is about thirty miles north of Munich. Munich in October? That was a good detachment! :beer::lol:

F017.jpg

F018.jpg

F019.jpg

F020.jpg

F021.jpg

F023.jpg

F024.jpg

• Like 1