Operation Herrick, Harrier GR. 9 Mini Diorama

Very nice Harrier! Great build and presentation. The painting of the aircraft and the crew members look very convincing.

Found out myself that figures of different manufacturers have obviously different sizes, for example Revell´s NATO pilots seem smaller than Hasegawa´s. On the other hand, old Esci ground crew could be combined well with Hasegawa´s in my eyes.

Cheers,

Mario

• Like 1

Thanks, Mario. What are your thoughts on the Revell ground crew set? I really like the Hase set for their detail, and have considered getting the Revell kit, but they look a bit 'cartoony' from the pictures I've seen online.

• Like 1

Thanks, Mario. What are your thoughts on the Revell ground crew set? I really like the Hase set for their detail, and have considered getting the Revell kit, but they look a bit 'cartoony' from the pictures I've seen online.

The Revell set has in my eyes the big advantage, that there are a lot of sitting figures in it. The Esci has not a single pilot to place in a cockpit. Always liked the Monogram pilots that came with their Phantom and Thunderchief kits for Vietnam era planes. The Hasegawa figures I liked best, but unfortunately there are only three sitting pilots. Don´t know about resin figures or other brands.

As far as i know the Revell set is a cooperation with Preiser.

Cheers,

Mario

• Like 1

The Revell set has in my eyes the big advantage, that there are a lot of sitting figures in it. The Esci has not a single pilot to place in a cockpit. Always liked the Monogram pilots that came with their Phantom and Thunderchief kits for Vietnam era planes. The Hasegawa figures I liked best, but unfortunately there are only three sitting pilots. Don´t know about resin figures or other brands.

As far as i know the Revell set is a cooperation with Preiser.

Cheers,

Mario

I don't tend to worry too much about the seated figures as there're a lot of aftermarket pilots that really look the part, particularly PJ Productions' range. I might have to get a Revell set, see what they're all about. Thanks.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Absolutely fantastic job fella!

With regards to combating decal silvering, I used Pledge Klear (Floor Wax) which is proven to work wonders in the modelling world.

I brush it on under the decal then used it again to help the decal settle too.

Fairenough it's not as good at settling the decal as other products but it certainly gets rid of Decal silvering :).

• Like 1