I did the same kit in the very same markings couple years ago (does time fly?) and I think that it's hard to go wrong with it.

My only gripe is that we both forgot (or chose) to put some rivets on the surface. It would add a bit.

Josip

All my kits are built out of the box and I've never invested in rivet tools. So, for me personally, the rivets weren't missed by me, they were missed by the model manufacturer.

Cheers,

Martin :)

Great stuff Martin. Your filter coat looks just right, can I ask if there are any special methods you used?

Thanks, James, greatly appreciated!

Regarding the final filter coat; all I did was mix a spot of black, yellow and green oil paint with mineral spirits until I got a shade I liked. Ensuring it was a nice watery wash, I then brushed it all over the plane using the wide flat brush seen in the photo. I them let it dry for a little bit, then took my cotton buds/Q-Tips and wiped the excess away in the direction of air-flow to leave a nice thin covering, enough to change the tone/hue of the colors beneath.

And, that's all it was! About 3 minutes to mix, 5 minutes to apply and 20 minutes to rub off the excess.

Hope this was helpful?

Cheers,

• Like 1

... and I thought I was posting detailed WIP threads ... :banghead::banghead:

This build is just Epic! Great kit with a lot of details, even greater ability you showed in building and painting it! :wow: And I really love your weathering techniques!

Ciao

• Like 1

... and I thought I was posting detailed WIP threads ... :banghead::banghead:

This build is just Epic! Great kit with a lot of details, even greater ability you showed in building and painting it! :wow: And I really love your weathering techniques!

Ciao

Thanks, Giemme, greatly appreciated! :)

Cheers,

Martin

Thanks, James, greatly appreciated!

Regarding the final filter coat; all I did was mix a spot of black, yellow and green oil paint with mineral spirits until I got a shade I liked. Ensuring it was a nice watery wash, I then brushed it all over the plane using the wide flat brush seen in the photo. I them let it dry for a little bit, then took my cotton buds/Q-Tips and wiped the excess away in the direction of air-flow to leave a nice thin covering, enough to change the tone/hue of the colors beneath.

And, that's all it was! About 3 minutes to mix, 5 minutes to apply and 20 minutes to rub off the excess.

Hope this was helpful?

Cheers,

Thanks for the tip Martin, I will get experimenting on some old models!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...