Issues with micro sol

Brendan99

Hey guys, I just started trying out micro sol, and I'm having some issues. After I apply the decal down to a gloss coat achieved with future, when I apply the micro sol a white, milky substance appears that dries and ruins my paint job. Any ideas?

The Klear has not fully cured. Usually if you leave it alone, with maybe some mild warmth applied, such as from a lamp or in a hot-press, the 'milkiness' will go and the finish will go back to normal. It might take an hour or two or even a couple of days.

It`s a bit in a different direction, but so as not to start another thread I`ll ask here. Does Micro sol/Micro set act in any way like a varnish? I`m wondering if they leave any marks on the paint/existing varnish if not cleared away before drying? Around the decal I mean. Also, do they leave a sticky surface after drying? I`m sorta recollecting my experience with the decalfix.

Micro sol/set don't act as varnish, but they will leave a stain, a 'watermark' stain, on some paints, usually matt ones. I've never had them leave a sticky surface, once they've evaporated and the decal has dried there is nothing but a plain surface ready for sealing varnish.

• Like 1

The only problem I experienced with it was using Model Master Acrylics matt varnish sprayed over the decal. Like has been said it leaves a milky/chalky appearance. I found that leaving the decals to go off for a good few days (normally a week or so) and then giving the area a good( but gentle) scrub in clean water removes the residue. Just take it easy over the decal area!

Bob

Edited by moaning dolphin
  • Like 1