Revell F-14A - Jolly Rogers

Evening, all.

I haven't finished a model since last December, so this is my first build of the year - something small to get me going again until I can decide what I want to build!

G4gkc0t.jpg?1

It is Revell's nice little 1/144 F-14A, in what I'm sure many of you will agree is the quintessential F-14 scheme.

Not much to say about the kit. It goes together well, and it looks like a little Big 'Cat. The decals were a little on the thick side, mind you. She's suffering from ghost pilot syndrome too. In my defence, it's a little difficult to readily find little men in 1/144.

There are some bits I am happy with. Some not so much. I'm still not sure about the smoke trail from the AIM-9 - although it is the first time trying something like this. I still need to learn how to photograph models, too.

Comments & criticism welcomed as always, and I hope you like it!

Daryl.

wbyNxqh.jpg?1Zt1SvCB.png?1Pgk1MoQ.png?2JlaUBNf.png?199ocYZJ.jpg?1wYfb29z.jpg?1

• Like 21

Ooooo,I like that..great missile launch effect..top marks dude

Daz

Agree with the comment above, this is tremendous for a 1/144 build, and I think the Winder smoke trail is actually very effective.

Thumbs up here!

Eng

Outstanding model in such a small scale. Top mark for imagination as far as the missile is concerned, and for a first try, it's definitely excellent!

Where I disagree with you is the colour scheme: I'm a sucker for grey over white USN birds with lots of flashy colours! When nobody could give a toss about meaningful camouflage!

Super result nonetheless!

JR

PS: Just look upon your pilotless F-14 as what a drone could have been...