1/48 Italeri Hawker Typhoon 1B

Ooh I do like that. The weathering is both heavy but restrained at the same time - if that makes sense - brilliant!

One observation if I may though - shouldn't te landing lights be plated over for a rocket Typhoon? I heard they did that to prevent damage to the lenses from the rocket blast - be a simple case of painting over the lens.

Other than that teeny point, I love it!!

There were exceptions to the rule. Great job BTW.

17266713995_ca07c985b3_b.jpg

Edited by 1015jim
  • Thanks 1

Very very very well done. To execute that in two weeks shows some real mastery of techniques.

Matt

Great Stuff !!! However, the 2 weeks really blows me away. Someday I hope to improve my skills to the point that I can accomplish something like that in a timely fashion. KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK !! Bob

• 3 years later...

Wow...just found that thread. This Typhoon is simply looking great. Saved the pics as an inspiration. The first picture clearly shows the way Hawker designed their planes...never inovative but rather evolutional. The wing profile reminds me a lot on the Hurricane being thick and blunt at the front. I just started Eduard's new Tempest and the next step in the evolution became cristal clear when I glued the wings together...very slim and with a critical profile which finally made for a racer rather then a tracktor... 😉

Will shop around now for a Typhoon as well...they look really brutal!

cheers

Uwe

Just superb! Lovely paint & weathering! Beautiful Typhoon! Hard to believe you’ve achived it in lest than two weeks regarding the great detail level!

Bravo

Frank

Edited by Frank083

Absolutely spectacular. Great weathering and a few critical scratch built additional details goes to show that with careful attention to detail, a superb build can result out of the box. Inspirational in my opinion. 

11 hours ago, anj4de said:

Will shop around now for a Typhoon as well...they look really brutal!

cheers

Uwe

The Eduard kits are re-boxings of the Hasegawa kits, they do both the earlier car door, and the later bubble canopy types.  Both come with some Eduard improvements 👍

Bob

Hello Brad,

This model is a real winner. What a build and weathering.

I first thought it was a bigger scale (1/24)

So your photography is excellent

• 2 months later...

Bringing this back to the top of the pile (again) because I didn't see it first time around... and it's bl**dy superb.

Ian.

Edited by Ian