Tamiya 1/48 Gaz MM.

Hi all,

this is my Gaz MM, I used the Hauler p/e set with it which includes the mud guards, rear window frames, dash board, wood saw and dash board etc. As this is modelled as one captured, in this case by the Luftwaffe I've added a German licence plate and used a mask to spray a Balkenkruez on the roof. For the weathering I've used oils, various Wilder filters, Wilder textured mud and Wilder pigments, all of which I found to be excellent.

Build thread of sorts here http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234980273-148-tamiya-gaz-mm/

DSC_1001_zpsrpebwp3p.jpg

DSC_0984_zpsb5oberef.jpg

DSC_0982_zpscaq33bhg.jpg

DSC_0980_zpsaqbslxcm.jpg

DSC_0979_zpsyyg816gl.jpg

DSC_0978_zpsklwggzg6.jpg

DSC_0974_zpsupslhrgp.jpg

DSC_0973_zpsmzgxfbzl.jpg

DSC_0972_zps9bpxlzca.jpg

DSC_0969_zps68aqpvft.jpg

DSC_0968_zpsbyjb7zd9.jpg

DSC_0967_zpsrepxpiok.jpg

It could stand a little more weathering I think but that can be done when I get myself into gear and knock up some sort of base to put it on. The barrels are from Black Dog and the stand from Smokey Bottom.

Comments welcome.

Tim.

• Like 19

Thank you for all the positive feedback. I did at one time think I may have over done the wear on the wooden parts but I think maybe the weathering toned things down a little. I've got to say that this model was one of the most enjoyable one's I've built. I've yet to build anything with tracks but I fear that won't be far away.

Tim.

That looks absolutely superb Tim, really like the dusty worn and chipped effects you have achieved. Couple of questions if you dont mind me asking? I was wondering what base colours you used for the wood as it looks spot on. Also with the chipping fluid, do you spray or brush it on, I have had mixed results with hairspray, not sure if I let the paint layer set too long before chipping it as it is very hard to chip through. great work anyway mate, look forwards to seeing something with tracks soon,

Cheers, Stu

• Like 1

That looks absolutely superb Tim, really like the dusty worn and chipped effects you have achieved. Couple of questions if you dont mind me asking? I was wondering what base colours you used for the wood as it looks spot on. Also with the chipping fluid, do you spray or brush it on, I have had mixed results with hairspray, not sure if I let the paint layer set too long before chipping it as it is very hard to chip through. great work anyway mate, look forwards to seeing something with tracks soon,

Cheers, Stu

Hi Stu, I'm always happy to answer back any questions. For the wood I've used Panzer-Aces old wood and ScaleColour Thar Brown and 2 these I added some Panzer-Aces Stencil to vary the shades of the planks, pretty pointless really going to all that trouble I suppose when most is covered over! I spray the worn effect on that way you get a even coat, it sometimes helps if you add a little water to it as well, as that seems to make it spray better. I find it best to mist the first coat on let it dry and then apply a nice wet coat. If you are having trouble getting it to work it could be down to 2 things, either like you say, you've left it to long before trying to do the chipping or you may not be applying enough hairspray?

Thanks for looking in and commenting.

Tim.

• 3 weeks later...

Very good. A really great little truck. Joe

• Like 1

Beautiful weathering, well done.

Cheers.

That's very nice!

I especially like the weathering on the wooded truck sides, very effective :)

I did think at one time I may have over done the chipping on the bed, but decided to leave it in the end.

Thanks for your comment.

Very good. A really great little truck. Joe

Hi Joe, thanks, I really enjoyed myself building it as I didn't allow myself to get bogged down worrying about detailing it.

Tim.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

That really is brilliant Tim! Some of the best weathering, especially on the wooden areas, that I have seen. Superb all around. Well done.