Rick's CH-53E Super Stallion 1/48 scale

thank you

Not much modeling going on .I decided to upgrade the model work bench .

I really like this setup .

I built the top out of Maple wood .i been working on this for about month . I went to Ikea yesterday pick up a drawer system and legs

Enjoy

Rick

Before

001_4.jpg

Nigel checking out the new work bench

002_2.jpg

003_3.jpg

004_1.jpg

007.jpg

• Like 4

there you go getting a brand new workbench and you've cluttered it up already.

you'll be getting paint spills on it next!

Its amazing how that works.I have Clean the clutter, Still trying to organize it .

I hope I don't spill paint , my wife will kill me ..

• Like 1

Nice one Nigel. I been wanting to upgrade to workbench . I been working on the table top . I use my scrap maple wood . Glued planed and leveled . Finished the top Friday

Then I read here someone talking about there Ikea drawer system .The only one closest to me is in St Louis Missouri . 2 1/2 hr drive . They open couple months ago

I woke Saturday ask the wife if she wanted to go .Off we were . rained the whole day .

The drawer system , the only issue I can see . The drawers bottom tray is a hard cardboard not a good wood , I hope they dont bow over time . If so , I will replace the bottoms with real 1/4 maple finished plywood.

But over all for the price . They can't be beat

Enjoy

Rick

• Like 1

Excellent project, following avidly. Can I ask what glue you use when attaching metal to Styrene.

Kind Regards

John

Bob smith super glue .Great glue .

http://www.bsi-inc.com/hobby/maxi_cure.html

Little update on my engine build . I have The paint finished . I really like it . Came out very nice .

My only issue is the orange brown color ( i could not get that color ) . I know its not correct , but good enough for me .

Enjoy

Rick

1024px-Helicopter_engine_CH-53G.jpg

004_19.jpg

• Like 5

The engine looks suitably busy and is a great representation. Could the composite area be improved by dry brushing on a darker brown? The real thing has quite a colour variation, just a thought.

• Like 2

Nice work Rick does look good the composite piece looks like it has a wood grain look about it as Nigel says maybe a darker brown to bring out the darker shades.

Like the work area too.

Guy

Edited by F4u
  • Like 2