Rick's CH-53E Super Stallion 1/48 scale

Nice work Rick on what looks like a pretty tricky set up. It looks like you have it in hand but my thinking there would be to use some black Milliput to fill the gaps around the canopy. Good luck with it anyway.

Nigrel

• Like 1

I have my , I won't to back on this model .. I was not sure if I was going to move forward with this build .. I lost it , now its back .

After that glue issue and how long it took to cure out . I lost the I wont to . Its back

Rick

Good you have your mojo back Rick and the Stallion is moving along nicely .

Guy

• Like 1

I'm off to a new scratch build part . I never done anything like this before . I see Nigel and Hendie do some amazing builds .

So Im going build a basic engine from 0 .. I know this wont be 100 percent correct . But I just want to get out of the box look .

I will start this later today . I have some other things to do .

Enjoy

Rick

below is the engine ..

1024px-Helicopter_engine_CH-53G.jpg

• Like 3

Should be good look forward to seeing the engine.

Guy

• Like 1

That's great Rick, you are very skilled so I'm sure you won't have any trouble with a spot of scratch building. I'm looking forward to seeing your progress. Christmas card dispatched and on its way BTW.

Cheers,

Nigel

• Like 1

That's great Rick, you are very skilled so I'm sure you won't have any trouble with a spot of scratch building. I'm looking forward to seeing your progress. Christmas card dispatched and on its way BTW.

Cheers,

Nigel

I went to Santa Claus Indiana this morning . They let me stamp your cancel return on the envelop .. i hope you get in time .. Only place in the world for this ..

Rick

6615e975b1714c0457f58292f358c5c4_f1643.j

• Like 1

Thanks all

I started the prep work on the engine cover and door .

Here is the engine cover 2 parts . With no engine . I mock this part up . Cut the door out , then I had to glue the 2 cut parts together. This made the door .

I added rib supports to the inside door panel

Enjoy

Rick

002_28.jpg

001_30.jpg

006_5.jpg

007_3.jpg

010_1.jpg

003_21.jpg

004_18.jpg

011_1.jpg

012.jpg

013.jpg

• Like 6

I have been watching this in the background and I must say it is a very impressive build, also following along on all the scratchbuilding, very informative :winkgrin:

Ok I have applied some White Mulliput . i need to make this brass looking color dome . I guess this would be some kind on inlet air intake .

Maybe someone will let me know

Enjoy

Rick

CH-53G_8441_15721.jpg

Yes that beige cone type thingy is a fiberglass intake extension

Bob

Nice festive phot by the way!

• Like 1