Rick's CH-53E Super Stallion 1/48 scale

This was my Christmas gift from the family 2014

I'm not going to lie about this model , For a 1/48 scales this is a monster beast. This will start in about week or two .

Enjoy

Rick

001.jpg

Big Ed's eduards photo etch set

004.jpg

This kit is so big . I had to get a plastic tub out to was parts off ..

005.jpg

001_1.jpg

003.jpg

• Like 6

OK, quick question. Washing the parts, why?

On the other hand, its a great looking kit, had it in my hands several times, only to feel too daunted by the kit

• Like 1

I want make sure ,I start out with clean parts .. I heard the plastic can release oils . I always wash all my parts with dish soap before I start a new project .Here In US I use dawn dish soap ..

Rick

dawn.jpg

• Like 1

Some kits have releasing fluid from the moulds still on them. A soak in washing up liquid and water will remove it.

Not something I have done on a regular basis, but on some kits it's obvious it needs a wash.

• Like 3

Some kits have releasing fluid from the moulds still on them. A soak in washing up liquid and water will remove it.

Not something I have done on a regular basis, but on some kits it's obvious it needs a wash.

That is it!

• Like 1

This model is a really big model . If my family did not get this for meas a Christmas gift , I would never bought it . Also it was very expense for a model.

This will be a simple and long build .

I like the kit so far ,very detail .

Enjoy

Rick

This morning i was working in the blade / rotor hinges . I had one holding with my tweezers . It pop off and went lord only knows . It seems this happens a lot to me . HEHEHE

Now I'm in the process building a new hinge

Enjoy

Rick

model hinge

002_1.jpg

My hinge I'm building

001_3.jpg

My rotor head I thought , I would color match parts tell its glued in place . Since I'm going to fold the blades in . There is a one way these parts need to be . I'm sure glad i saw this . Those hinges were all in wrong . I fixed and color code them

003_1.jpg

• Like 1

I thought the way the hinges work with top blade fold in ,I'm scared the small glued part will not be a good support .

I am going to drill the hinge and install wire for support . These are big blade .

Only 6 more to do ..

Enjoy

Rick

002_2.jpg

006.jpg

007.jpg

• Like 2

I was almost finish making this part I lost Saturday .Then this evening Nigel Scot the baby toy poodle found it for me . My wife goes what have you got Nigie . Them boom the part falls out of his mouth . I was happy to have it , then same time that could been very bad .

then the wife jumps my a@@ hard . i may be sleeping on the couch tonight .

Enjoy

Rick

Below is one of the parts I lost Saturday

002_1.jpg

The rotor head is getting all plastic parts installed . The hinges work great . I can fold them in or out .. Now I need to start some basic piping ..

Enjoy

Rick

Reference Photo

rotorhead05.jpg

002_3.jpg

003_2.jpg

004_1.jpg

• Like 1