Airfix 1/72 Harrier GR.1

Started this one the other night.

The original pitot didn't last long so was replaced with brass tubing,

DSCF0146_zpslmwfz8dh.jpg
DSCF0147_zps9p5c42sk.jpg
DSCF0148_zpsau8lmucl.jpg

• Like 5

• 1 month later...

The GR.1 is my favourite Harrier, so it is always a pleasure to see one built! Very well done!

A treat to look at!

JR

• Like 1

Cheers guys.

That was quick... I doubt I'd have finished reading the instructions in the time it took you to make it.

Looks good as well.

Ended up with a bit of extra time on my hands due to the company I work for putting us all on Notice for Potential Redundancy (went into administration), so thought I would enjoy a few days in the model room to blow off a bit of steam.

• Like 1

Ended up with a bit of extra time on my hands due to the company I work for putting us all on Notice for Potential Redundancy (went into administration), so thought I would enjoy a few days in the model room to blow off a bit of steam.

That's not good news... hope you find something else soon.

• Like 1

That's not good news... hope you find something else soon.

As I am a truck driver, I should be back in work pretty quickly. Just waiting for the administrators to either close the company down or sell it on. Should know in the next few days.

• Like 1

Started this one the other night.

The original pitot didn't last long so was replaced with brass tubing,

DSCF0146_zpslmwfz8dh.jpg

DSCF0147_zps9p5c42sk.jpg

DSCF0148_zpsau8lmucl.jpg

That looks great although I was scratching my head wondering why you replaced the original pilot with brass tubing until I re-read what you'd actually written!

Cheers guys.

Administrators made the entire workforce redundant this afternoon. Just spent the past hour doing the online paperwork. Not happy but time to move on I guess.

• 2 months later...

Looks very nice. Finish is beautiful. Did you brush or airbrush camouflage. I have the same kit and now feel motivated to start it.

• Like 1