Nakajima Ki 49 type 100 Donryu ("Helen"), Revell, 1/72

Hi

Another twin engin bomber of JAAF - Nakajima Ki 49 type 100, Donryu, in Allies code "Helen". This is model by Revell, I thought that it must be pretty old considering high rivets - but I have check it in net and it was released in 1973. I made her about 1995.

Model is mostly OOB, markings 95 Sentai, 3 Chutai, South-East China 1944, then Manchuria 44-45.

Please - comments welcome

Regards

Jerzy-Wojtek

ki49 DSC03956

ki49 DSC03957ki49 DSC03958ki49 DSC03959ki49 DSC03960ki49 DSC03962

Edited by JWM
Switch to Flickr
  • Like 12

Thank you Fatboydim and Xenol for comments :) - I like this pattern vry much. This painting scheme was from box, but they shown only left side, also from top, just left wing. I was not sure, how it goes on right wing - is it still parallel or it should be more disrupting? I made paralel - I thought that this was the concept of this scheme (for rice fileds - rice in rows, among them water with a lot of suspended matter within). Recently I found confirmation, that it should be still paralel - have a look at this photo:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/sdasmarchives/7586040042/

Cheers

Jerzy-Wojtek

Hi Jerzy!!!!

I was watching at this nice work and was thinking that everyone who comes here to admire your work are very fortunate you have been sharing with us this nicely done collection. I have seen this nice model together with all their brothers in the series only advertised in the Old Squadron MAil Order Catalog from 1980 and later, when this prestigious modeling outlet sold nearly every kit surfaced from the prestigious manufacturers, and this one was made in Japan by Revell Ceji, a Revell licensee....and when I found a Gekko in a local store just dreamed with the rest but unfortunately wasn't possible.

But admiring your nice work, have also the same doubt about the cammo, but you have answered and probed that you are right, nice way to learn about a subject and thanks God you have guessed right too!!! Maybe one day all the collection crossed in front of me and for sure I will get all, without a doubt, those old friends have many many charm, at least for me.

Thank you very much for sharing,

Cheers,

Luis Alfonso

• Like 1