1/72 Italeri Ju-188

Hi...

As others have said, a lovely model and I applaud your time and effort with this oldie.

If I may be very picky, there is one error... the codes on the right side of the fuselage are the wrong way round. In this case, 'F5' was the unit's parent code and was always presented to the left of the national marking, irrespective of what side of the fuselage you look at. Four-character alpha-numeric codes such as this always read from left to right and always started with the parent code. I notice several of the mainstream model manufacturers also getting this wrong on their instruction sheets in recent years which is sad, as it encourages people to get it wrong on their models and consequently, I've seen some beautiful kits spoiled somewhat when the error is replicated.

Otherwise, your kit is first class and as far as rescribing is concerns, light years ahead of anything I would attempt. I congratulate you on your efforts.

Regards,

Paul

• Like 1

Hi... As others have said, a lovely model and I applaud your time and effort with this oldie. If I may be very picky, there is one error... the codes on the right side of the fuselage are the wrong way round. In this case, 'F5' was the unit's parent code and was always presented to the left of the national marking, irrespective of what side of the fuselage you look at. Four-character alpha-numeric codes such as this always read from left to right and always started with the parent code. I notice several of the mainstream model manufacturers also getting this wrong on their instruction sheets in recent years which is sad, as it encourages people to get it wrong on their models and consequently, I've seen some beautiful kits spoiled somewhat when the error is replicated. Otherwise, your kit is first class and as far as rescribing is concerns, light years ahead of anything I would attempt. I congratulate you on your efforts. Regards, Paul

Thanks Paul - I would never have known that! I just stuck 'em where the instructions said. Probably not the correct decals for the paint scheme as I liked the 388 prototype scheme and wanted to see what it would look like on a 188.

That is a beautiful looking airplane. Very nice job of rescribing, consistent and clean.

Looks great!

That's really nice! :goodjob:

Martin

A very nice build, you've done a great job.

Probably the best Italeri 188, i have seen so far !

Let me just say: what a stunner it would have been if you had lavished that much on a Hasegawa 188 :shutup:

Rolf

Worth the effort on this old model, well done.

Absolutely superb job on a classic kit.

Makes me wish I hadn't just sold mine!

Very well done.

Craig.

Thanks all. You're a kind bunch!

• Like 1

What is the detail just forward of the cross on top of the fuselage ??It looks like a fanI,m not a wingy thing modeller so not sure what i m looking at but its a beautiful model

No problem - it's the Peilgerat radar antenna, used on some Ju88 and 188s.

• Like 1

• 4 years later...

Very nicely done. I also like building older kits and bringing them up to date. It takes longer for a build, but gives more satisfaction when it’s finished. This is one you should feel proud of.