1/350 HMS Illustrious Airfix+P.E.+ waterline.

Started this way back in Nov 2014 for Perth Show this year and Lusty is finished.Only thing this is not a bad kit,and when it was released ,got a lot of bad press,which must have killed sales.Its not perfect,but there are worse kits then this.

Link to build

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234971037-1350-hms-illustrious-airfixpe-waterline/

L-1_zpsr7yobodw.jpg

L-2_zpsmb2q6ue2.jpg

L-3_zpsdlotsmis.jpg

L-4_zpsmvm4lrpn.jpg

L-5_zpsinwxvxyt.jpg

L-8_zpss2qaq8ph.jpg

L-9_zpsutktw7w7.jpg

L-10_zpsv3oww6ey.jpg

• Like 35

Excellent build and finish, a lot of small details there that you keep finding the more you look at it, you've certainly made a cracking job with the aircraft painting for such a small scale

Did you also make the case

• Like 1

Excellent build and finish, a lot of small details there that you keep finding the more you look at it, you've certainly made a cracking job with the aircraft painting for such a small scale

Did you also make the case

Colin, see page 5 of Chris's build thread for details and link for the display case.

• Like 2

Superb model there, certainly looking grander and happier than the real thing which is looking quite sorry for herself outside my office window! I have two of these myself, one complete OOB on my desk but I must get round the "finishing" the other with added PE'zaz.

• Like 1