1/72 F-15 Eagle - new tool from Platz!

172flogger

Wow! Next big surprise after the Fine Molds F-14 Tomcat

Source: Hobby Search Japan:

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10321319

- Mainstay fighter of the Air Self-Defense Force to protect the empty Japan [F-15J Eagle] is, appeared long-awaited.
- A has been reproduced in full new mold Eagle, Platts is I will send you with confidence!

[Main Features]
- Completely new mold
- Accurately modeled to detail by the actual coverage
- Airframe shape faithfully reproduce the actual every detail
- Split the parts engine nozzle committed to detail
- Mold of panel line is reproduced in delicate and sharp
- Armed sets such as AAM-3 AAM-3,99 Expressions air-to-air guided missile AAM-4
- Zo-so 3 pcs set the 610 gallons tank
- It can reproduce the # 305 Squadron in 2013 against competition machine
- Current of each unit mark and details caution data is reproduced in the decal
- Platts made unpainted plastic model kit

( This is a machine translation. Please allow for possible misinterpretations in the text. )

10321319b.jpg

10321319a.jpg

Edited by 172flogger
  • Like 2

Well, looks like there's a sudden interest in new moulds of the US 10-series aircrafts of the '70s and '80s ! This could well be the best Eagle on the market

Now the Hasegawa F-15 is not a bad kit at all, however we sometime forget that it's still 25 year old if not more

Are the 1:72 Academy F-15 kits not so good? I have the Strike Eagle F-15E in my stash, and it certainly looks nice in the box.

Cheers,

Bill

They're "ok". I have heard of some fit issues esp at the part where the front fuselage mates with the the main wing/body part. Apparently there is a "step" that needs to be taken care of where the front & rear join up. The Academy kit also appears to be a copy of the old ESCI kit. While I like the overall look of the Academy kit ( and it's relatively cheaper price), I don't like the fact that the front fuselage halves are split "top & bottom" vs Hasegawa's "left & right" split. Acad's will leave a very noticeable seam in the front fuselage while Hase's fit is so much better. But Acad does give you positional intakes ( since the F-15's intakes are movable".

Until Platz's kit gets released, Hasegawa Eagle is the top of the line.

• Like 1

Oh, one more thing about the 1/72 Academy F-15E, the CFTs ( Conformal Fuel Tanks ) only have 4 pylons when it should be 6. You are better off using that Acad kit as a F-15D or a F-15DJ ( those Japanese Aggressors have spectacular camos). The new Hasegawa F-15Es are a better bet for a more accurate Strike Eagle.

http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index.php?showtopic=252095&st=20

( scroll down)

Nice,

I wonder if the nozzle actuators will be in plastic or in a more realistic photo-etched material...???

Yes, the Hasegawa kits are great but they are an expensive minefield if you want to build a specific F-15 variant OOB, other than an early to mid 1980's F-15C/D, pre-production F-15E or up-to-date F-15 Strike Eagle series. Everything else in-between, needs cross kitting, aftermarket or both...

I prefer the ESCI kits over the Academy, it's just that they are hard to get hold of. The ESCI kits have better finesse over the Academy kits in terms of panel lines, slender forms, etc. Also, the ESCI F-15A/B/F-15E Prototype kits come with beautifully detailed early mainwheels, so you can actually build a late 1970's through 1980's F-15A/B from the box. I planned to use the MSIP parts on the Academy F-15C MSIP II kit to update the ESCI F-15A/C kits as they are so similar.

Soz for the thread hijack!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The review kit just arrived from Platz, and it looks great.

The full length intake, exhaust trunckinglooks good. Its the later radome with the strips on it, a novel way to attach the main wing. Multipart exhaust nozzles. Multi part ejection seat. Seperate inserts for the avionics bays. Latest AMRAAM and Mitsubishi AAM-4. Great decals by Cartograf including canopy framing.

Oh cool, a Model kit of the Ranger from the Interstellar movie, loved that film,

on the other hand, if the eagle is good, and comes with US makings, that might be interesting to take a peak at

Looks good in overall shape, but the surface detail on the radome and centreline fuel tank look seriously overdone after comparing them to pictures.

It looks better in plastic than the built up kit shown. The panel lines have been heavily washed which makes the detail stand out to much. While deeper than hasegawa detail after a couple of coats of paint I am sure it will look good.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

new boxing JASDF Main Fighter F-15J Eagle Modernization Repair Machine Form Type I/Type II with IRST - ref. AC17.

Release expected in June 2016.
Source:

http://www.platz-hobby.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=4780&language=en

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10383473

10383473p.jpg

10383473t2.jpg

V.P.

Edited by Homebee

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...