1/72 - NA.39 & Blackburn Buccaneer S.Mk.1 resin kits (ex CMR) by Scale Resin - released

Homebee

CMR of old was a two part company making resin aircraft and casting resin accessories for other model companies. One of the owners retired and sold his part making aircraft models to Mark 1Ltd company to carry on the business releasing models under the CMR label (CMR resin models plus their own branch out into 1/144 models). The other part of the company is CMR moulding & casting and the last Buccaneers in the range is being released by this part of the revised CMR label, to complete a long term project for the Buccaneer family.

CMR of old was a two part company making resin aircraft and casting resin accessories for other model companies. One of the owners retired and sold his part making aircraft models to Mark 1Ltd company to carry on the business releasing models under the CMR label (CMR resin models plus their own branch out into 1/144 models). The other part of the company is CMR moulding & casting and the last Buccaneers in the range is being released by this part of the revised CMR label, to complete a long term project for the Buccaneer family.

So, will this appear on the CMR website when released? Or will it appear on another company named site? Still a little confused, sorry.

Nige

It is under the CMR moulding and casting company and will be released under the label 'Scale Resin' as per the link from Homebee. If you look on the left side of the linked page you will see the original CMR logo which takes you to 4plus publications which is the new owner of the previous CMR kits, aka Mark1 Ltd.

• 1 year later...

I was sufficiently lucid to get one from Hannants, where company structure wasn't an issue. I do think that the complexity of the issue arises from the casting company (CMR), that wasn't going to issue more kits, but now has.

More urgent is the question of how to get it together. CMR, now Scale Resin, seems to inject its resin through a channel that is the size and shape of a continuous sheet of plasticard tha runs along an entire side of the fuselage, rather than the post like thingeys favored by Planet and others. There seems to be no way to remove it evenly all along the side. The side of the fuselage which lacks the continuos injection gate fits beautifully. The other side is a real mess. Worse this gate extend across the wing, out to the wing fold, due to the design of the Buccaneer. I'm a modeller of 60 years with many a resin under my belt. I can fix the hash I have made of the one side of the fuselage with plasticard, superglue, Mr Surfacer and elbow grease but I am at a loss for how to evenly thin down those portions of the left wing that are encumbered over their entire chord and span by this satanic sheet of cast in plasticard. Has any one done this successfully?

Other wise the kit is gorgeous, superbly well detailed and very expensive. Too bad that, for all that, the kit designer couldn't find a way to cast it without making it unbuidable.

I certainly will be following along. One thing I have noticed already is that your pre-production kit has far less of that resin cast plasticard gate than does my early production kit (ordered from Hannants on the day it appeared). Yours seems to be confined to the area just below the wing fold mechanism while mine covers the entire span and chord of that inner wing. Your kit also the resin casting posts whose absence I was lamenting on mine. Hand made- no two alike.

I suspect that some casting issues necessitated more gate area.

Bill