Halcyon Movie Classics Predator 2 build - 1994 - 1/9th scale

Hi I went a different route for the netting on my predator, wilkinsons do a very fine point black felt? pen, black top with silver body in pack of 4, leaves a great line that if you mess up, a damp cotton bud removes till dry, fades to grey when dry.

predator5_zps5ba0cdef.jpg

predator6_zps503b4b59.jpg

All the best Chris

• Like 1

I believe it is, found the kit made up, round a car boot with the most awful paint job imaginable, two tone silver and gold. So stripped back to bare vinyl, bit of filling and touch up. Sat down with Predator special edition DVD and knocked this out based on the first predator suit.

Love what you've done with yours.

Chris

Had a really late night getting the legs and armour done. 2am finish. And I only took this photo…

0D796998-FE68-4D07-A54E-32D627C6E2EC_zps

…which doesn't show the legs or armour. Well, maybe the arm armour. It's a combination of copper/brass/gold - mostly GW paints, like Tin Bitz and Brass Scorpion, and will be weathered to match the shoulder. Legs have been spotted, and matte sealed to remove the purple sheen.

And that's all for now. Let's see how much I can get done before this GB closes on Sunday.

• Like 1

It's Sunday - the last day of this Group Build.

I'll be honest - I'm not going to finish this Predator today. I could, but I'd rush and ruin. What I do intend to get done later is finish the dreadlocks.

Last night I had another late one - got the armour washed, and got some more dreads attached.

A36AE4D0-229A-4E6C-9BF1-69254D854ACC_zps

06C206FC-E626-434A-9D8D-F372970926B1_zps

E4F171B3-5566-4333-B370-58B042383563_zps

So, fingers crossed I get some time today - Family day out to the park first - and then I'll get the last glue, paint and photos done for this build.

• Like 2

If this were an episode of The Crystal Maze, I'd be looking at getting locked in the room right now.

Either that or escaping without the prize.

It takes a loooong time to paint these dreadlocks. Prepping them was a nightmare, but once primed and gloss black, I've had to paint each individual bead in a shade of gold, brass and silver - and then touching up the black where I've run over the lines. 43 dreads with an average of 2 beads per strand.

So here it is at 23.41, just shy of 20 mins before the Group Build deadline tolls, and I still have 9 strands of predhair to attach. They're all painted in metal, and one has been tidied with black

D74AD878-0C45-43D6-8092-15C61A92DEEE_zps

I love blu-tack. It's the best - after this build, I will never hear a word against it. But I digress.

I have moved the paint on for the main figure - there's not a single part that isn't basecoated, nothing left just in primer. The Alien head is untouched - the zealous stupidity of attaching it early on has meant not getting any freehand pattern painted on the head (yet) - the angles are awkward, and it should look jaw-dropping, rather than "didn't he try hard?".

Likewise the base - the supplied plinth is cool as a rooftop with cables and pipe, but in context with this new victim, I need to change the venue. I'll still use the base, but maybe turn it into a spaceship corridor.

I've managed to get a bit of detail sorted, too. No. Not the netting.

AE2A431D-D126-43B4-90E2-185C9BC80A93_zps

Green blood - "If it bleeds, we can kill it" - will be added towards the end, but for now, here's where I got to before getting locked in the room:

136105C4-3E8D-43B5-A385-57B8B0C15E66_zps

79BB4C3E-C6A4-40BD-88DE-EE81B823FBAC_zps

So thanks for following this thread, guys - it's been a real blast sharing. I'll be finishing this fella off, and you'll see the results on another thread on Britmodeller.

Alternatively, I'll be posting on twitter, and my own blog, too - @minimodelpaint, and www.minimodelpaint.com

cheers!

• Like 4

• 7 months later...

Excellent build, the first figure I'd built since Tamiya figures in the late 70's, I remember screaming when I dropped the almost completed head and half the dreads snapped off, just started another which I'll finish one day.Predator_zpsli86p9wo.jpg.

Regards.

Mick.