model factory hiro ferrari f2008

I managed to persuade the swmbo into letting me splash out on one of these recently, admittedly there is a lot of t&c's that have come with it.

This car for me I said at the start of the year was the car I wanted to finish the year owning but then again I did say the 1/12 version but it was one of the compromises I had to make to get my way (there's no saying that I won't get the bigger one in the future)

I do just want to say that I have done a few resin cars in the last year and for most of them they have been pretty good for fit and having little or no added bits that needed trimming but when I opened the box for this I was and still am astonished at how well the bits go together and how on the white metal bits there is literally no bits on them that need to be taken away honestly all that I need to do before paint is drill a few holes out, one thing that is a tad ominous is the amount of bits, my highest parts number car to date was the ejan/dtm red bull I did last year and this has around double if not more pieces to contend with

So enough of me waffling on about how good mfh is and on with the car

The obligatory box shot

20150411_151004_zpsqtdub9zu.jpg

The decals

20150411_151028_zpsuptj7de5.jpg

The main body

20150411_151047_zps66emgvtd.jpg

Body with the nose

20150411_151421_zpsvhgokbjb.jpg

The little box with the wheels and white metal bits

20150411_151257_zpsle63zwcy.jpg

The wheels and tyre

20150411_151226_zpsphavfumb.jpg

This is going to be an epicly long build so watch this space

Shaun

Edited by shood23
  • Like 3

:wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub:
I've just bought a 1/12b 126C2 I've found from a fellow modeler in Milan...how would you rate that,Shaun?Massimo has sent me the pictures and I'm still drooling!I'm asking you because you sure know better than I do!
Cheers
Manu

I am not 100% with that car but judging by some of the pictures on Google it looks very nice and has a good amount of engine detail, I'm sure you will be able to turn it into a very nice model, when you get round to starting it make sure you put a build thread up as I would love to see how it comes together

On one quick note I'm normally not one that cares for the boxes and how they look but for some reason I have really taken to this cars box, I like the design on it so much that I want to show it

20150414_180511_zpsqk03jpip.jpg

I will get around to starting on this soon

Shaun

I have had a few hours to kill today so I made a point of mock fitting a lot of the major components just to see how well it goes together and also to see how the best way to paint it will be

Here how this amazing car looks

20150416_152242_zpsbys92lbr.jpg

It comes with 3 options for the front wing upper plane

20150416_152305_zpsuulhjc4r.jpg

And how it will look with the wheel on

20150416_152454_zpszie2h7vm.jpg

It also comes with 3 options for the tuning vanes ahead of the radiation and 2 options for the mirrors so it is a very comprehensive car for the money paid it's just a real pain in the butt to put together so far

Shaun

To be honest with the similarities between the 2007 car and this one you could nick a fujimi f2007 and use the rear end and use the front end off this but honestly it'd more work than its worth

Shaun