How do I log in to this damned place?

Mike

If you're a total neophyte when it comes to either computers or forum software, this little guide might help you with getting online, so you can talk to the other members. You should have gone through the membership process by this point, and been manually validated by a Moderator, which can take a wee while if we're all out enjoying our rockstar lives ;)

• Firstly, go to the site home, which you’ll find here.
  • At the top right you’ll see a number of buttons and text buttons, from which you want to click the “sign in” button, because you’re already a member.
  • In the little window that pops up, Input your login ID, which you chose at outset and it will also ask you for a password.
  • Input the password you chose – exactly as you originally typed it. No deviations, as it’s case sensitive.
  • Tick the “Remember me” tickbox, and then click “Sign In”.
  • If your browser offers to remember the password for you too, choose yes.
  • That should log you in.

Write down your login ID and password somewhere safe, and don’t forget where you put them! :)

As an aside, I would suggest that you use Firefox as your browser, as it works best with the forum, and all the Moderators use it, so could best help you if you get stuck. It is currently on version 37.0.1 at time of writing (April 2015), so if you’ve not got the latest version, you can download that here.