Hi everyone here on Britmodeller I've been a member for some time now and have never before posted any of my builds as looking at some of the builds posted here makes mine seem rather mediocre but hay ho let's bite the bullet. This is the Revell 1/32 Spitfire MK2 built straight from the box but for a set of RB Productions harnesses. There maybe a few errors in the kit but are only minor and don't take a lot of correction and I have to be honest it was a real pleasure to build and the fit was superb.
I wanted to put it in a scene of some sort for a change so I cut a piece of MDF and put and applied varying lengths of of static grass with an applicator, I'd already got a set of Masterbox RAF figures which I have to say are as fantastic value as the spitfire, apologies for the quality of the pictures but I couldn't get outside (slight problem with the weather) I'll try and get some better ones to post later.
All comments welcome good and bad.

Regards Steve.

ss1_zpscirij27h.jpg

ss2_zpsmxkaj1ns.jpg

ss3_zpsthpxzvfh.jpg

ss4_zpsayjssold.jpg

ss5_zpsnjzoioq6.jpg

ss6_zps3wj6p0ib.jpg

ss7_zpseyao0qri.jpg

Edited by fmwsteve
  • Like 13

Sofa looks comfy and the plane's not bad either. I quite like the way those figures are posed. What make of static grass is that as I am after a decent type. Oh and don't worry about the phots. I'm still trying to get used to a new digital thing. I can't find where the flash powder goes and there's no hood on it

• Like 2

Looks very nice. But can I say you try lighting up your model for photographs so we can all enjoy your worthy work. Try setting up a mini studio with a plain background. You can buy stiff paper form Hobbycraft or your local art shop. 'Blu tak' one end for the upright background against a wall or something and the remainder to a flat surface. You base will be a good steadying for the background card. Practice taking your pics from various angles or turn the model round to get both sides form front or rear for example It'll work wonders for you ! :winkgrin:

Sofa looks comfy and the plane's not bad either. I quite like the way those figures are posed. What make of static grass is that as I am after a decent type. Oh and don't worry about the phots. I'm still trying to get used to a new digital thing. I can't find where the flash powder goes and there's no hood on it

Hi Darby, the static grass is our own from Finescalemodelworld.com.

Cheers mate.

Love the set up you have made, figures look great!

And you have done a fine job on that spit

Rob

Love the set up you have made, figures look great!

And you have done a fine job on that spit

Rob

Thanks Rob, get to admit the masterbox figures are beautifully sculpted and are superb value for money at ten pound there great.

Regards Steve.