Some of the photos are a bit out of sequence. I've drilled holes for rigging but my bottle has failed me, and I've stopped for the night. I have some fine black ez-line but I need some brave pills and perhaps some fresh CA before I proceed. Words of wisdom welcome!

Looking good Jon! Love those belts and IPs.

How do you find the 'quick grip'? I'm always worried that I'd go 'click click crunch' but, if I'm going to do the Memphis Belle, I'll need something like it. Where's it from?

On my iPad so no emoticons hence 'popcorn at the ready'!

• Like 1

I think it came from B&Q, but I've had them (a pair) so long I don't really remember. They're surprisingly controllable and versatile, although I'd like a set of the others (are they called Berna clamps?)

IPs are the kit decals, no more. They look great but lack a secure fitment. The belts are the Eduard super fabric ones again, trimmed to show where they might have passed through the bulkheads.

No wisdom... never will be, I just don't have it.

But your progess is great, love the subject and your neat high quality work!

Rob

I always think my work looks very rough and ready, so those are encouraging words, thank you.

• Like 1

Ah, Berna clamps, I have a set of those! So I don't need to rush out to B&Q then? Such a shopper...

Thanks Jon

As to 'rough and ready work', I don't think so Sir!

• Like 1

Hi Tomoshenko,

The rigging is Ez-line, in this case the thinnest version in black. Where possible I drilled right through, since I couldn't fathom how to tension the lines without doing so. This meant some less than neat spots, particularly on the rudder. Only on the upper wing did I drill the holes blind, and used them for the first point of contact. I still had to reattach some lines which came adrift during the tensioning process.

I learnt that overlong lines were easier to handle, since they went through the holes with just a tiny bit more gravity, and generally left more to grab on to. My glue application was messy and the sharp eyed will see the results. I need to use a finer applicator next time. And I don't know how to apply the accelerator, the stuff I have is in a spray bottle and goes on in bulk, which is Unhelpful, and damages the paint!

It still needs a little bit more repair work to the paint, but it is otherwise complete apart from the screens and decals.

16963380669_da0a283e96_c.jpgTiger Moth by jongwinnett, on Flickr

16942174397_ac832cc931_c.jpgTiger Moth by jongwinnett, on Flickr

17148945021_b51b2d22fe_c.jpgTiger Moth by jongwinnett, on Flickr

16527154464_3c27e6eeef_c.jpgTiger Moth by jongwinnett, on Flickr

16527157424_f21c7f3298_c.jpgTiger Moth by jongwinnett, on Flickr

• Like 2

Well you are doing 100% better than I, I managed to break every bit of it and then when I finished it and had hidden most of the cracks.... I leant on it.... its just so small, I didn't see it. Needless to say I did not bring it back from this.

I really like your rigging, well done as it looked like the hell you spoke of!

Tricky little (tiny) kit and you are doing a cracking job of it.

Rob

• Like 1

It really is tiny, isn't it. I've been pleased how it turned out, I have another to do (maybe for the group build) and some Galdiators, and I wanted to practice on something inexpensive. I still have a lot to learn and can see plenty of room for improvement, but I'm really rather fond of it.

Not sure yet to be honest. I realised last night I had forgotten them, then realised that despite looking at lots of DH82A photos I didn't know where they went! Will pay more attention now and see if they can be added.

Paint finished and gloss applied this morning ready for decals.

Have revisited some of the photos and the elevator cables go into the fuselage through two staggered holes mid fuselage and just aft of where the front of the anti-spin strakes would be.

Now I know they are there I'll have to try and add them, I guess.

• Like 1

16539904063_e2da3fa4b6_c.jpgUntitled by jongwinnett, on Flickr

17160050665_262d45509e_c.jpgUntitled by jongwinnett, on Flickr

17134129256_26b1da56e4_c.jpgUntitled by jongwinnett, on Flickr

17159448471_63ffb8e252_c.jpgUntitled by jongwinnett, on Flickr

Bit wrinkly from the decal solution, that'll settle overnight hopefully. Then clear and Matt coats to finish (and screens)

Once the next clear coat is dry, I'll take a look at Elevator wires, but might just quit while I'm ahead.

• Like 2

Thanks chaps. I tend to see the blemishes, then remind myself the photos are several times full size.

I haven't seen many in service photos of the all yellow ones, so any weathering will be guesswork and supposition. Nonetheless, I might try a few dabs of humbrol yellow powder to tone down the finish. What do you think? Is it better left almost pristine?