1/72 VC10 Airways vacform (BUA)

Worth the £10 entrance fee just to see it at Telford, I can't wait! This is going to be the highlight for me.

Kev, I keep resisting the urge to move up to 1/72 but with models like yours it's becoming nearly impossible!

Cheers,

Ian

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Fritag said:

A thing of great beauty Kev.  Very inspiring.

Thanks Fritag, yours Hawks are coming on a treat, lot of detail I can see you are adding 

19 hours ago, bzn20 said:

Don't be like that Kev. This amount of work is bound to end up a pain sometimes. Worth every minute of graft though. Holy Cow, you even showed the Window heating elements. Its great...More pics please esp the U/C installations.

Well done, its going to look ace next to your Vanguard. Spot on panel definition, front periscope hatch and the Radome  lightning conductor spike.. Its all there.

Cheers Bzn20, I think this model as they say broken the camels back, I need a long break from modelling, I have been told that my model room is in need of re-decorating, so that might give me a opportunity to rest from the hobby for a while

18 hours ago, Radleigh said:

Superb work Kev, I honestly can't wait to see it at Telford... it's going to be a highlight for me! Will reply to PM shortly too ;)

Hi Radleigh, I will have it at Telford, be good to catch up

17 hours ago, perdu said:

I've just been hypercritical to see if there's owt not to like

There isn't, she looks wonderful mate

I'll enjoy seeing this win at Telford  *

"Yes I knew it when it was just a..."

Always goes down well with a discerning audience

*don't say it won't be in the Comp, please

Hi Perdu, I will have it in the competition Group 9 Vacforms, not to worried about winning as it is the taking part that counts

16 hours ago, Tomoshenko said:

Sublime work mate. A labour of love? Lots of trouble and hassle? Definitely but the best things never come easy. Looking forward to seeing it in the plastic at Telford.

Thanks Tomoshenko

13 hours ago, keefr22 said:

Stunning Kev, simply stunning! 

Keith

Thanks Keith, much appreciated

12 hours ago, rholland said:

Just fantastic - inspirational, considering what you started with.

Richard in NZ

Hi Rich, thanks for the comment

12 hours ago, Turbofan said:

Worth the £10 entrance fee just to see it at Telford, I can't wait! This is going to be the highlight for me.

Kev, I keep resisting the urge to move up to 1/72 but with models like yours it's becoming nearly impossible!

Cheers,

Ian

Hi Ian, glad you like it, although I will not be making any more models for a while, when I get time to get back into the hobby it will probably be the Vickers Viking/Valetta

• Like 2

Hi Kev,

wonderful work as always.

BTW, sods law just as you've finished -a topic comes up 

that has a link showing photos of sistership 'IW with the engine pylons and part of the registration that you were after previously :rolleyes:

Dave

I take my hat off and bow down and kiss the feet of anyone that can build a huge vac-form model like this and finish it to such a high standard!  Well done Kev...now please wash your feet before I get to your table at Telford!!;) 

1 minute ago, kev67 said:

Unfortunately due to illness in the family I'm afraid I won't be attending Telford this year, but thanks for the compliment

Hope the situation improves and their recovery is quick Kev. Model shows aren't everything but families are .

• Like 1

Hi Kev,

Sorry to hear you won't be able to make Telford, but as others have said there's nothing more important than family. 

Hope all is well and I'll hope to catch you and the VC10 at Southern Expo. 

Tom

• Like 1