1/144 Zvezda Airbus A320 Sharklets - Vueling

Zvezda's 'ultimate kit' Airbus A320 is a great build. It fits together very well and also comes with options for flaps/slats down and cabin doors open.

I've opted for a Vueling aircraft with just flaps/slats down. I've also added scratch built sharklets which aren't included in the kit but seem to be standard fit on most new A320s.

A320%20Vueling_0.jpg

A320%20Vueling_1.jpg

A320%20Vueling_2.jpg

A320%20Vueling_3.jpg

Vueling decals are from Nazca, other detail decals from Daco. The wrap around dots on the rear fuselage took some planning - Nazca provide some basic guidance on how to cut the decal, which I tested using paper copies to ensure the cuts were just right. It seemed to work out OK.

Hope you like the end result.

Thanks for looking

Tim

• Like 33

Very spiffy.

I just finished my first Zvezda A320 a few days ago. I went with the door open, 'just because it was different', but it was a whole lot more construction drama for very little extra wow effect. ( and it sort of looks odd to me without a set of stairs in place )

Great job on those sharklets Tim.

Cheers,

Mike

• 2 weeks later...

Now that's a very nice little Airbus in a very complimentary choice of livery. I have this kit un-started (like most of my stash) but I did have a play around with it and do a bit of dry fitting - which as you mention, goes together very well. Its nice to see that you have made good use of Zvezda's slats and flaps option too - I hate all that cutting and plastic surgery to get the same from the norm of most civil kits on the market

Your little bus looks nice and shiny white, and just as new as her sharklets which are a great addition too there Mr Modeller.

Thanks for sharing and inspiring

Great model Timo and a handy document for download, thanks.

Those decals look very well done as are the sharklets, just a pity they weren't included in the kit.

I really must get a move on with my Zvezda A320.

Brilliant work Tim. I tried to use these decals on the Revell kit and it all went horribly wrong so respect from me for making such a great job of them. I might just be inspired to have another shot but with the Zvezda kit this time.

I like your base. Is the "runway" your own work or is it commercially available?

Thanks everyone for your great comments.

Brilliant work Tim. I tried to use these decals on the Revell kit and it all went horribly wrong so respect from me for making such a great job of them. I might just be inspired to have another shot but with the Zvezda kit this time.

I like your base. Is the "runway" your own work or is it commercially available?

The airport base used in the pics is my own creation. Its simply concrete texture jpeg squares downloaded free from the web, with taxiway markings added as per the CAA guide on their website - all printed on A3.

Cheers

Tim

• Like 1

• 1 year later...