great work

Thank you Mick.

Waiting on update seriously worth.This and Manu's build are now the best inspiration for Luftwaffe fans.

Glad you think the wait was worth while, although I don't really think my work compares with Manu's, still I'm not going to argue with you if you think so!

That looks absolutely breath taking. You definately have a gift.

Jim thanks for looking in again and leaving that great comment.

Tim.

Lovely job, a masterclass no less.

Duncan B

Cheers Duncan, I appreciate you looking in.

Great stuff Tim,

Well worth the wait.

Thanks Kent, glad to hear that.

Looking good there and keep going, however I am very envious of your masterful skills of hand. :goodjob:

Fishface

Thanks for looking in, good to have you on board, and your comments mean a lot.

Cheers Tim.

• Like 1

Hi Manu, the maker's stencilling decals form part of the Eagle-Cals decal sheet, also included is other stencilling unique to the Ta152H.

Thanks for looking in and your comments.

Tim.

• Like 1

A gorgeous paint job Tim, not far to go now :)

Thanks Neil, the build seems to be stalling at the moment due to real life events and also the thought of fixing on the under carriage legs, a disaster waiting to happen I think.

...didn't know Mal has stopped doing masks..

...and that's an outstanding paint job

I don't think he has stopped doing masks completely, just custom ones which is a real shame. I think he just got overwhelmed with folk wanting them.

Cheers for your comment.

Tim.

This is looking beautiful now Tim.

The green 9 doesn't look bad to me.. I'd be very proud to have turned this quality out, especially given the trials of the ZM kit you've faced.

Nearly finished then, just that foreboding undercarriage to wrestle into place :)

Matt

Cheers Matt, the trouble with the Green 9 is that you can tell it's a decal with it being along side the sprayed on Balkenkruez, probably just me being finicky!

Why oh why didn't I test fit those legs before I made up the wing assembly, something I'd recommend doing to anyone thinking of building this kit.

Tim.

Hi Duncan, after sleeping on it I decided not to do anything drastic, I'd have probably made a right dogs dinner doing them a second time around!

I have however spent a little time today blending them in a little I don't think they look as harsh now and hopefully under some weathering even less so, it was also time to remove the masking from the wheel wells.

DSC_1171_zpsza1vpcrn.jpg

Hi Tim, thanks for your help re the mask instructions and I thought of something that might be useful for doing these scallops uniformly:

Craft scissors , there seem to be many variants and manufacturers but they suggest the ability to replicate a symmetric /asymmetric scallop and I have hear good things from various ARC gurus.

That said, its 1945, Allied bombers are raining down destruction hourly, fuel is rarer than one of the Fuhrer’s sane moments and everything from food to midgets seems to be getting shorter.

Now ask yourself, would Otto Von Dulux, chief camouflage painter, would really care if all his scallops were equal in size and spacing? I think you might be closer to the actual paint job thank you think!

Anil The History Improviser

• Like 2

Hi Anil, great tip there for applying scallops.

I was just having one of my nit picking moments the night I posted that! I've since calmed down and happy with them now.

Tim.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 3 years later...

Hello...

That is a very nice build I have to say...but it made me even more happy to not have ordered a ZM kit. In stead I got a Dragon one 2nd hand for cheap money to acompany the Italerie one I started 15 years ago and only recently started working on again.

cheers

Uwe

...who is also not too fond on ZM's F-4 ind 1/48...