Trebuchets

Salve!

For my first contribution to britmodeller.com I chose some of my works from the last 2 years regarding

medieval Trebuchets. Thats Armor too, only a bit older than the usual items here.

All scratch and in 1/72 (exept one).

Pierriere01.jpg

The Stone-thrower machine or Pierriere of the 11-15th cent.- the 1st step to the Trebuchet.
Meanwhile I brought the ropes with the help of water to hang around naturally. Built with wooden strips.

Bricole01.jpg

The Bricole of the 12th-15th Cent.- the 2nd step to the Trebuchet. Built without details at one evening.

Meanwhile I brought the ropes with the help of water to hang around naturally.
Built with wooden strips.

Mangonel01.jpg

The Mangonel of the 12th-15th Cent. - Rebuilding the Zvezda-kit. I added some beams (wooden strips) and scratched a new counterweight (100% plastic). Its scale is more 1/35. I want to build a 1/72 version. Maybe with a bogie wheel.

Trebuchet01.jpg

Trebuchet02.jpg

Trebuchet03.jpg

The Trebuchet of the 12th-16th Cent.- with moveable counterweight-under byzantine flags around 1161-81. The dio is named "The last restauration". Built without details in 4 days and with wooden strips. The details and the rebuilding of of the figures from Preisers Tank-soldiers to byzantine soldiers took of course more time. The knights are from Zvezda and were only a bit rebuilt.

Couillard01.jpg

The Couillard - The last step in the evolution of Trebuchets. In Service from 14th-16th Cent.
Built with wooden strips.

Salve!

• Like 20

Thanks. I can really recommend it to try to scratch one of those machines. It goes quite quick to build them.

The only things You need are lime-wood strips and millimeter-paper (or milliinch for the non-metrics) for the correct angles, a cutter and glue.

Lime wood is very easy to cut, and it has a beautiful surface-texture which allows to be treated with oil-colours.

As I wrote, the Trebuchet was built in 4 days between Christmas and new years eve. The Bricole was built i a couple of hours at one evening.

Oddsbodkins! Forsooth, tis armour and no vinyl tracks designed by mere 'run-the-hedges.'

Reminds me of my Timpo knights and crusader Castle and catapults set when I was a kid. Oh happy memories