As a result of the close-down of the UK by the British Government last night, we have made all the Buy/Sell areas read-only until we open back up again, so please have a look at the announcement linked here.

This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Sign in to follow this  
Benox

Hawker Hurricane - Pegasus 1:48

Hello lads,

I'm new to this forum and this is my first model build ever, I hope you like it.

IMG_0927_zpsdqztefih.jpg
IMG_0929_zpshldxpvzy.jpg
IMG_0945_zps3atstl3w.jpg
IMG_0946_zpsalgeeopg.jpg
IMG_0936_zpsmwfpqbcq.jpg
IMG_0951_zpslzd0cuw2.jpg
IMG_0954_zpspz4uunks.jpg
IMG_0953_zpskeu2ho7q.jpg
IMG_0930_zpspfw3qas8.jpg
IMG_0918_zpsfvhd9xac.jpg
As a newbie, any suggestion or comment will be gladly received.

Very nicely done! May you build many more...

For a first build that's excellent. Took me several builds before attempting any weathering, and several more before attempting any ariel wires... keep going as you are and don't be shy of trying new techniques as you go along!

Keep up the good work. Don't spend too much out on expensive kits or aftermarket accessories until you know that you have reached that point where you feel ready to try more exotic stuff. Just keep kit bashing as many and as often as possible. Look out for cheap kits on E bay or on Britmodeller to fuel your requirements, that way you can try new techniques without having an expensive disaster on your hands because some will definitely go wrong on you.

Best wishes, Nige

:goodjob: Nice start,

Sean

A very promising debut indeed! She really looks like a Hurricane.

As the others have said, now that you've started out so ambitiously, just keep going. Eventually you'll probably want to make joint seams invisible where they're not meant to exist on the full size plane (like on top of the engine cowling), using modelling putty and wet 'n' dry sanding papers, but all in good time.

You've every reason to be proud of your first build!

Kind regards,

Joachim

That,s a cracking Hurricane,I quite like these Pegasus kit,s Big and a fairly good fit,great job!

Thank a lot guys for for your compliments, comments and suggestions. In my next build I'll put more effort in hiding the joint lines as suggested

Thanks again, I'm really happy with this build and with all the feedback.

Regards