AZ Breguet 14A

Hi Folks,

Bit late getting a start due to moving house. Beginning to see a little order now and have some modelling space. Never built the Breguet 14 before and have the Pegasus in the stash as well. This one looks very nice in the box and will be done in French colours saving the Polish squares for one of the Pegasus kits. Not keen on PE so not sure how much, if any, I'll use.

411078729.jpg

Regards, Steve

• Like 4

Ooh! Another iconic French WW.I aircraft, I always thought of it as a French DH.4 but I don't know if that's an accurate comparison. Nice to see it.

Welcome to the GB Steve.

Thank you guys. I think the comparison to the DH4 is spot on, perhaps the DH9A post war. Made a start and have painted the undersurfaces cdl, 5 parts Hu121 and one part Hu103. Yet another variation on the theme and it looks like Hu148 which I've run out of. A cockpit of sorts has been built using the injection seats and the PE floor. To my addled brain the instructions aren't too clear regarding the PE and the floor will suffice. A bulkhead of card has been added and a generic camera from sprue and card stuck to it. As I intend to crew up that will do. First impressions of this kit are quite favourable. Very little flash although the plastic is soft making it easy to overdo the filing. Detail is nice and it scales out ok for size.

Regards, Steve

411098422.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

Slowly plodding on and have got the fuselage joined and painting has begun. It seems there are as many variations of French 5 colour camouflage as there are opinions on German lozenge patterns. Mine is based on some of the schemes in the Breguet DF but the colours are what the paint box could provide rather than an exact duplication. Decals are fine and once I have a few more rigging holes in place construction will resume. Rudder stripes have to be painted as there are no decals.

411165590.jpg

411165591.jpg

Regards, Steve

• Like 2

Looking good, those colours are fantastic! Looks like they went to the paint store, took out a tin of everything and didn't stop until it was all used up!

Fabulous, really looking forward to it all coming together.

Thanks Guys,

Cracked on a bit and got une pilote in place and then went for the wings. Instructions have you adding the undercarriage here but I like the wings in place first. Moulded locating pins helped a lot and the lower wings were no problem. Cabane struts are inverted V's which make the top wing easier to position. Top wing lowered onto tips with a dab of glue first and the wing tips were supported by two clothes pegs and left to dry. Then the interplane struts were added. No jig just lined paper to check the alignments. Finally I added the undercarriage this afternoon. Again a very tidy fit. So far so good.

411198141.jpg

411198143.jpg

411198142.jpg

Regards, Steve

• Like 2

Thanks GrzeM. You're right about the French 5 colour schemes. Lovely to look at and I must get some photos in natural light as what looks light khaki with the flash is actually pale green.

Regards, Steve

• 2 weeks later...

Some steady progress and not far from finishing now. I've just rigged the wings and installed Pierre and Jacgues from the spares. Could only install one Lewis gun as he sure fills the space. Squadron markings are generic and non representative of any known aircraft although they came from a Matchbox Buffalo and are over thirty years old. A little filler required around the observation windows underneath and then a final touch up of the paintwork. Final pictures for the thread and will try to get some decent ones for the gallery.

411263846.jpg

411263845.jpg

Regards, Steve

• Like 1